Regarding I-140 Receipts

swapnilpatil

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have applied for my I-140 and 485 concurrently under EB2 category in Oct 2004. I have received receipts for I-485 and have also got my EAD, fingerprinting is also completed. I am asking my employer about my I-140 filing receipts and he is not giving them for some reason, saying he does not have it and will have to search if he has it(desi guy).

How do I obtain the receipt nos. for my I-140, is it the same as the receipts no. for my I-485. Also, the lawyer says I-140 copy must have been mailed to the employer.

How do I track the progress of my I-140, I don't have a clue whats happening with it. (though I know the progress on the USCIS website for I-140 processing dates)

Can I be sure that they filed the I-140 for me, since I have the I-485 receipts with me.

Guys, how can I obtain copy of the receipt nos for I-140. Please advise.

Thanks

swapnilpatil said:
Hello All,

I have applied for my I-140 and 485 concurrently under EB2 category in Oct 2004. I have received receipts for I-485 and have also got my EAD, fingerprinting is also completed. I am asking my employer about my I-140 filing receipts and he is not giving them for some reason, saying he does not have it and will have to search if he has it(desi guy).

How do I obtain the receipt nos. for my I-140, is it the same as the receipts no. for my I-485. Also, the lawyer says I-140 copy must have been mailed to the employer.
-No 1400 Receipt Number is not same as 485's. Cant they get it from the attorney? Also heard that the WAC number (receipt #) would be at the back of processing fee cleared ckeck

How do I track the progress of my I-140, I don't have a clue whats happening with it. (though I know the progress on the USCIS website for I-140 processing dates)
Getting the WAC # will greatly help you as you can track the progress. I dont know of any other way to track it

Can I be sure that they filed the I-140 for me, since I have the I-485 receipts with me.
They should have, otherwise they can not file 485

Guys, how can I obtain copy of the receipt nos for I-140. Please advise.

Thanks

Thanks 140_485, I managed to get the receipts numbers from my employer. Since he is a desi employer and not willing to give me copy of my I-140(which I paid for) how can I be sure that the receipt number he had given is mine.Any suggestions ??

Just log that recipt number to USCIS's tracking website

swapnilpatil said:
Thanks 140_485, I managed to get the receipts numbers from my employer. Since he is a desi employer and not willing to give me copy of my I-140(which I paid for) how can I be sure that the receipt number he had given is mine.Any suggestions ??
Just log that recipt number to USCIS's tracking website, if the recieving date matches your I485's receiving date, then there is little chance the # is wrong.