Regarding EAD

kt25

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
My EAD expired on Jan 01 2004 but i applied for renewal on Oct 27 2003.I still haven't got my EAD.The issue is our case got transferred from NSC to Local chicago office and we had an interview at he local office and the I 485 application is still pending due to name check.Now i have a job offer but i do not have an EAD.IS there a way that i could get by going directly to the local office and get and EAD.CAn anyone also please explain about iEAD.Please Help needed for i am in a very critical situation for the employer wants the EAD if i get hired..
thanx,
kt25

All EAD applicants should get their EAD......

within 90 days of application. If you applied for your EAD on October 27, 2003, it is already over 90 days since application. I presume that you had applied for your renewal to Chicago Office as your case was transferred here by NSC.

You may visit the Chicago office between Monday thru Thursday (8.00 AM to 2.00 PM) for an EAD valid for full one year (not Interim EAD). Please carry the following with you:
Proof of payment of fees (Copy of Money Order/ Cashier Check), a copy of EAD application sent, Proof of mailing/ delivery (since Chicago Office does not send a receipt of EAD Application), Driver's License, Passport, Copy of Approved I-140, Copy of I-485 receipt.

You should be able to get your EAD within 2-3 hours depending on the crowd. Please go to 11 W Jackson location of USCIS office not to the location at S Dearborn where you had your Interview.

Get your EAD today or tomorrow and join your new employer ASAP. Good Luck!

Regarding EAD.....

wamu,
There's a little confusion here, u see that we got interviewed on Jan 5 2004.But we applied for renewal of EAD online.But they sent a letter saying that we need to go in person to get the fingerprint and picture taken for EAD.Which we did.So the issue is that NSC received the application on Nov 5 2003.I have receipt saying that they received it on NOV 5 2003.The online status says that I765 application for EAD is transferred to an office in chicago,IL.on Jan 9
So i am not sure it is 90 days yet.So i am very confused about this whole thing.So do you still think that i should be able to get an EAD.
please advise!!!!and thanx for the reply,it was helpful
kt25