Regarding Bank Statement requirement for filing AOS

sp7

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My attorney has asked me to submit a bank statement for AOS along with all other papers. My friend who recently applied for AOS hasn\'t attached it.

Is it compulsory?
How much we have to show?

Thank You

No Title

Did any one have an idea. My attorney is not replying for the messages.

No Title

It is very good idea and I think for the most part it becomes compulsory because I485 application needs Affidavit of Support details. I submitted this.

Bhanu

No Title

Bank statement is submitted along with the Affidavit-of-support only if you have more than one applicant for AOS/CP (other than the primary applicant)to ensure that the primary applicant will take of the secondary without them becoming responsibility of the state.

If you are the only applicant then you don\'t HAVE to submit as you will have to W-2\'s and paystub\'s to prove that you can support yourself.

BTW, may be it is none of my business, but, do you have a problem submitting a Bank statement? How do you know if your friend is right?
for all you know he might get an RFE later( if he has not got his GC yet).

No Title

My lawyer has not asked to submit the same, when i filed in aug\'00. as some of my colleagues have got their GCs without RFE, i guess you don\'t need to submit it.

No Title

Hi , We had filed our ( myself and wife ) I485 seven months back and we did not submit any bank stmt or
 affidavit of support docs.Our lawyer did not ask for any.Hope this helps.

RajK

No Title

Thank You Every One for your suggestions. I am going submit the bank statement.

Thank You

No Title

Rajk,

If you have a dependent application, sooner or later INS will ask you to submit affidavit-of-support...