Reg I-140 category

gg1982

Registered Users (C)
I-140 & I-485 July 2003 Concurrent filing

Hi Friends,

I recently applied for I-140 and I485 concurrently under EB3

Can any one tell me which I-140 Category processing times should i be concerned with and how long does it take to get Notice no.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your lawyers should be able to give you a case number like EAC / LIN number in about 4-6 weeks from the date your I-140 packet was mailed.

In my case my lawyers informed me within 10 days from mailing but i have heard it is taking about a month now to get the case number.

Thanks for info, Also want to ask whether i can file for Advance Parole after filing I-140 and I-485, if so can i do it myself. I would appreciate if any one can let me the procedure involved in this.

Hi kdivekar,

My question was whether i can apply for AP after filing I-140 and I-485.

My attorney mailed my I-140 and I-485 petition on July 17th still waiting for Notice Date, can i apply for AP now or should i wait till i get Notice Date

Thanks in advance,
gg1982

Hi Friends,

Just wondering about new rule for Concurrent filers which says you can change your employer six months after filing your petition with BCIS.

Which date should we consider while calculating six months, is it MD, RD or ND.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
gg1982

REceipt Date mentioned in the receipt that you receive for your 485 filing. But there are a number of clauses (if's-and-but's) that you need to be aware of before you think of changing jobs. It is not as easy as getting a job and changing and the green card process will be carried over toi you potential new employer. Please research this!

But to answer your question it is 180 days from the receipt of your 485 Application (Date mentioned in the receipt that BCIS mails to you/ attorneys saying they have receievd your papers for 485).

Hi Guys,

Finally got receipts for I-140, EAD and I-485

MD-- 07/17/2003
RD--07/24/2003
ND-- 08/06/2003

Thanks
gg1982

See ya next July gg! You just filed I140.

Happy New Year !! if you are lucky.

Happy Next Independence Day aug 15 2004 !!

Just kidding to let you know the reality !