Refile I140 Because of Lawyer Error?

elradi

Registered Users (C)
Hello, my I140 was denied and after I received the reason, it was because the lawyer made a MISTAKE and checked the EB2 box instead of EB3 (LC(PD-1/2003 is EB3 and Job is EB3).

I was told that I can refile I140 again. questions?
- Is that true? or do I have to get a new LC/PERM?
- Can I refile with Copy of LC since the original was filed with first I140?
- Can I extend my H1B to 8th year when the new I140 is pending?

Please respond if with similar experiences or knowledge of the laws.
Than

My Dam_ lawyer screwed me once for my I140 last June06. I hired another lawyer this Feb to refile my I140 after the first deninal.
Yes, you can re-file your I140 with a LC copy on file (no original needed). Your lawyer will know what to do. Just FYI, I got it cleared in 2 months (normal processing)

Don't know about the H1b.. sorry.

My Dam_ lawyer screwed me once for my I140 last June06. I hired another lawyer this Feb to refile my I140 after the first deninal.
Yes, you can re-file your I140 with a LC copy on file (no original needed). Your lawyer will know what to do. Just FYI, I got it cleared in 2 months (normal processing)

Don't know about the H1b.. sorry.

Thanks, that gives me some hope... I'm definitely changing lawyers... But I'm sick of the whole ordeal... it cost me 1.5 years and thousands of $$$$.

About elradi's H-1b extension

Since your original GC thread is uninterrupted by re-filing the I-140, you are eligible to file the H-1B extensions.