REF letter not receieved in 30 days

aman787

Registered Users (C)
I got email on September 14 that RFE letter for I-485 has been mailed.
It's 30 days now and my attorney (he says so) has not recieved it.
Can i go to Texas Service Center and get a copy of it ?

I know i can call Server Center but if i can visit and get a copy of it, it would satisfy me more as compared to waiting some more days or weeks to get it.

Please provide me address of Texas Service Center if you know.

Thanks very much.

My attorney also hasn't yet received RFE sent by TSC on 9/24. he suggested to call customer service and let them know and request to resend. I did it last week, but no luck as of today, lets see...

My attorney also hasn't yet received RFE sent by TSC on 9/24. he suggested to call customer service and let them know and request to resend. I did it last week, but no luck as of today, lets see...

Mine is not as bad as yours. This Wed. will be two weeks since I got the email, and no letter yet!

Have you called the customer service number? Have you been to an infopass appointment?

I called the customer service number and a lady told me that the RFE has been a mistake! I don't know if what she said was credible or not! However, I know that they told at least one more person who got an RFE one day after me that the email he received was a mistake.

Will you please update us on the status of yours?

I got the email on 10/21 that an RFE was sent on 10/09. Lawyer has not yet received it. Called USCIS today. They opened a case and gave me a ticket number. The IO was nice and informed me that 30 day limit is not set in stone. It is up to the officer working on my case to assign a deadline. Minumum is 30 days and it could extend up to 12 weeks. However, she also mentioned that since I have not received the RFE yet, there is nothing much I can do other than wait for it.
I asked if my case would be 'abandoned' or 'denied' in case I dont receive the RFE by Nov 8th (30 days from the issuance of RFE). She said it 'should' not since I have the ticket number from our call today. Scary, eh?

After the IO in TSC told me on the phone that I should ignore the RFE email because it has been a mistake, I took an infopass appointment to enquire about this.

The infopass officer told me that the RFE is there and I should not ignore it. She sent an email to TSC and is supposed to get back to me by phone.

Apparently something has gone wrong at TSC, either they have not sent the RFEs or we got emails by mistake.

hi

It's been 80 days now and i have not recieved RFE letter. Have called customer service many many times. Had an infopass appointment and nothing yet. Every time you call, one customer service rep tells you to wait for 30 days, another would say 45 days. Just wait and see. Very frustrated.

It's been 80 days now and i have not recieved RFE letter. Have called customer service many many times. Had an infopass appointment and nothing yet. Every time you call, one customer service rep tells you to wait for 30 days, another would say 45 days. Just wait and see. Very frustrated.

RFE letters are usually sent to your immigration attorney on file. Mine was sent to my immigration attorney.

Call up your immigration attorney and make sure their correct address is on file with USCIS and your application with USCIS. Also, make sure that USCIS has registered your attorney to handle your case on your behalf.... Have you signed and filed form G-28? Contact your immigration attorney

Actually my immigration attorney seems to be the problem. After getting flat fees from me, he has stopped communicating with me at all. I suspect he got the RFE letter first time Texas Serice Center (TSC) sent but he denies it which i donot beleive as in past, he got all RFE letters.

Then i contacted TSC and requested them to only sent me the RFE letter and remove attorny from documents / Petition. They say an immigration officer has been assigned my case and will send me RFE letter again to my personal address this time.

RFE not received yet

Hi aman787 ,

I am in the same boat as you.

Got an email for my wife's RFE on OCT 3rd.
My lawyer contacted uscis on Oct18 to have them resent it. Still no letter yet, thats what he says. I have started to think that my lawyer is screwing things up.

After removing lawyer, did you get any RFE letter at your personal address??

hi

It's been 90 days and i have not received RFE letter. Customer service says that RFE letter will be mailed to my personal address, not to attorney.
Each time i talk to to them, they tell me to wait 45 days or 30 days.
First requested created on October 16, 45 days passed, nothing happened.
Second service requested created on December 4th, still waiting to recieve RFE. Now thinking to write letters to senators, congressman etc.

I got a reply from TSC about the Oct. 3rd RFE which was never received. It says:"this inquiry will be forwarded to the I-485 Supervisor for review"

I don't know what that means though!