REF issued on 485

dontRelyonTSC

Registered Users (C)
Just checked the status line and it changed to the following:

On February 24, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Don't know what could be the ref. Usually the REF goes to lawyer or me?

RD:6/30/01
ND:7/30/01
FP:5/03
applied 4th AP and EAD a few weeks ago.

I changed address three years ago and notified them then. Have been with the same employer... I will keep you posted on what the references are.

If you have a lawyer the RFE goes to him/her.

It should take 7-10 days for the package to reach the lawyer.

It takes more than a week, and it typically goes to your lawyer. My RFE was to provide employment letter, W2s of recent years, tax returns of recent years, and recent paystubs.

Btw, they even asked for 2003 tax returns, which I haven't even filed yet. But my lawyer said just the W2 should suffice for 2003.

If I were you (and I was, so to speak :D), I would get together the following in preparation:

(1) ALL paystubs you can get hold of for the past couple years
(2) ALL W2's for the last few years
(3) Tax returns for the last few years
(4) Copy of I-94
(5) Any other relevant material, like visa stamp copies, entry stamps from any international travel, etc.
(6) Alert ur HR that an RFE has been issued and they should get ready to give u an eomployment letter. Stat!

Good luck.

-insjinx

-----

ND: Dec 6, 2001
RFE notification: Feb 17th, 2004
RFE received: Feb 24th, 2004
RFE responding: tomorrow!
AD: hopefully in a few days. pray for me! :)

Thanks a lot for all the useful info.
Mine is a company lawyer. Should the lawyer notify my HR to get the employment letter or I should notify HR to get such letter. What could be the format (information, etc). Should the letter detail the job descriptions? Thanks a lot.

Typically the lawyer should draft the letter and the hr should type it up and sign it. That's the way my company does it. This is because the employment letter for your RFE is not your plain vanilla "so-and-so works for us and makes so much and is in good standing". Yes u need that also, but typically your lawyer will also word it so that it says things like they will continue to employ you even after 485 approval, and that they are a large corporation that is not going to disappear overnight, etc.

So answer is lawyer shd contact hr, but it can't hurt to be in the loop and observe/expedite the process.

Note: situation may be totally different for you. Ask your lawyer.
Ask your HR.

-insjinx

I believe you should keep in touch with ur attorney and their staff... like sec.... .....

good relations makes things smooth.....

(Hi, hello, gifts (???) works good .... heheee :) )

P.O.J

Last edited by a moderator: