REF for Sep 24 RD

sajyra

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends !!
Spoke with an IIO Lady officer half hour back to know the status of myself and my wife case. She told both have been issued an RFE (Dont know the details) and in the process of typing the letter and would go out sometime next week.

I am with same company for last 3 years and no address changes. I have given all the required documents to my lawyer at the time of I-485 Filing (like Tax returns, pay stubs, dob certifcates etc).. I dont know the reason for RFE..

Any idea on turn around time after replying to RFE.

Our details:
EAC-02-04*-*****
RD 09/24/2001
ND 11/19/2001
FP End of Feb 2002

Thanks

Depends how lucky/unlucky you are..some ppl get their approvals in 2 weeks and some have been waiting since May.

Having a good lawyer is fortune. My lawyer sucks. I definitely know it is something that he did.

I never receive any courtesy copies from INS. He have given c/o address. I wonder what address INS has got. The first time I gave had written my home address was while giving the finger prints. May be thats what led the RFE ??? (Guessing).

Also, he screwed up my wifes DOB on I-485 Application. We realiazed after we got her EAD. Later he sent INS a letter asking for DOB correction of I-485 application. Any one of these would lead to RFEs I guess..

Any how I have to wait and see !!!!

thanks

similar situation

Hi Sajyra,

My case was similar to yours...I also had not changed any employer for over 3 years, no address change or no birth certificate/marriage certificate issues etc. In short, everything was straightforward except for one small mistake - wife's DOB was wrongly listed in the I485 application (and EAD). Lawyer sent a letter to INS correcting the mistake and he also called up INS to verify that they received the letter. Still, INS issued an RFE to both of us. The RFE was for G325A Biographic Information. This is the form which contains the personal details including DOB etc.

That one small mistake proved very costly for us. Our RFE was issued on June 13 and the case was approved only on Sept 25. Note that the usual timeframe for approval in RFE cases in 2-3 weeks after the response is received. Back in July/August, many RFE cases were being approved with 2-3 DAYS of the response. I was one of the unlucky ones and it took 2.5 months for me after the response was received. A couple of people have been waiting for 6 months since sending their RFE response.

Wish you good luck and hope your case is resolved quickly.

Hi fsa448

Thank you very much for sharing your RFE Experience with us even after your approval.

I suspect my RFE would be in similar lines. Crossing fingers and waiting for the letter..

Thanks again

sajyra,

Did you check AVM or online after you talk to IIO? I am also waiting for the approval. My case has been assigned to officer 4 weeks back. I am checking online everyday with no luck. I see the Finger printing information and current status is blank. Should I call the IIO to know the status?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE?

Some of the recent RFE's were as stupid as to explain why marriage certificates were in English (if you are from India say). So do not worry and things will be OK..
Be optimistic that they have taken your file and assume to approve it soon.

As far as good lawyers go in NJ, top consulting companies like PriceWater Coopers (IBM Global), Fujitsu go thru the lawyers

Fragomen Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy,
99 Wood Ave South,
Iselin NJ 08830

and the paralegals whom I know of are Carrie Rakvica and Alison Hansen and they are very good.
Pls get the corporate number from 411 and one of the paralegals Alison's number is 732-635-3951

Hope it helps

I have been checking AVM/Online Status almost everyday. Status still has n't changed to RFE. For September filers there is nothing wrong to call INS to check their file status (just an opinion)

I wish no other Sept RDs got RFE ...
But, incase if you heard of any Sept RD RFEs please post here..

Thanks

I have same RD

My RD is also Sep24 and I get RFE on Sept 19. Message changed on 20th and my Lawyer received RFE on 27th. It was for Medical.Doctor forgot to send the original. INS received the reply on 6th OCT (as per AVM) and waiting............