Ref for Medical Exam

hep_immi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
 My notice date was Oct.6 2000, yesterday the AVM said that an RFE has been issued due to incomplete Medical Exam, I had not got the regular Medical Tests done due to Pregnancy, can anyone please let me know if I will have to undergo the whole Medical test or will the RFE clearly state which of the Medical shots were not taken and I will have to go and take those shots only.
Any who has recieved an RFE due to a similar reason please respond as to if you took the whole medical exam again or just some shots
Thanks

No Title

I had also received a RFE for incomplete medical exam. I too was pregnant when I had applied for 485.

The RFE clearly mentioned what tests need to be done. For me they had written TB test or chest x-ray.

In my case I had moved from California to Oregon. The RFE states that "go to the same doctor who did the earlier medical". My lawyer gave me 2 options -- either go to California and do only the TB test OR go to a immigration doctor in Oregon and redo the entire medical. I chose to do the later. And according to AVM my case got approved 2 weeks after they received the reply.

Thanx

No Title

My wife was pregnant when we filed I-485. We were not given any vaccination, but we did go through TB test, blood test and general checkup. On the green copy we got from doctor, it was mentioned \'Vaccination current as per age group\'.

What are the chances of getting RFE.

hep_immi, barbie1 were you given any vaccination at that time.

No X-rays or Vaccination

Since I was in my last trimester I was not given any Vaccination or X-ray tests.
Cann\'t say about chances of RFE since on the portal I had read about many cases which got approved without RFE , guess you have to be lucky.
Best of Luck.

No Title

X-ray will only be done if you are positive in TB skin test. In our case skin test was -ve.
What was mentioned on the green copy which you got from doctor.

People who received Medical RFE

Did INS ask for any thing else (like w2, pay stubs, empl. letter) along with medical redo

Interesting: AVM said that RFE is for Medical?

Just to confirm: the AVM message said that the RFE is for the medical exam?

My AVM message only says that an RFE was issued, but it doesn\'t say what it\'s for...

Thanks for the info..

I thought IIOs don\'t tell you what the RFE is for. So I guess I\'ll try and give them a call too...

No Title

They issued a REF related to my wife. The REF was issued on August 30, 2001. I am the primary benificiary. I spoke to some-one at VSC yesterday, she told me no one tauch my file yet. But, I was told twice by VSC on August 22, and 24 that my case was assigned to an officer on August 21, 2001. Yesterday, IIO told me that a REF was issued on August 30, 2001 for my wife. When I ask her if no-one tauch my file, how-come a REF issued for my wife. She said, I don\'t know.

I requested her, could you tell me what are the contents of the REF. She said, I don\'t know...then I called my attorney, he said, he has\'nt received the REF yet.

Now, can somebody tell me what could be the contents of the REF. And, when my attorney should received it? My RD=Sep 21, 2000; ND=Oct 19, 2000; FP=Jan 02, 2001. EAC-01-014-xxxx.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.K. Islam

No Title

Hello A.K.Islam,

Sorry to hear abt the RFE. Usually when the RFE is for the dependant spouse, it might be MEDICAL EXAM. I was in a SIMILAR situation last month. Could be just the doctor forgot to check mark some thing or so. FYI. You have 12 weeks to respond to the RFE. It USUALLY takes 14 days for an RFE to reach you or your attorney. Also I heard that once you reply to the RFE satisfactorily, the case will be approved within a month or two. Consult your attorney. Good Luck !!!!

Thanks
Ramesh D
[Details = EB2/RIR/INDIA/ PD 9-99/RD 9-00/ ND 10-00 / FP 01-01 / EAC-01-018, Response 2 RFE 4 Spouse rcvd by INS on Aug 31, \'01]

Islam, don\'t panic it might be a Medical

for your wife, if at all they issued a RFE. And a suggestion don\'t call INS frequently because I heard that whenever you talk to an IIO they will make a note of it so too many calls might create problems for you. So be cool and take it easy, it is good that you got RFE that means you are near to approval. You should get the RFE by 15th, Good Luck.

Help regarding incomplete Medical Exam

Hi All,

My wife is the primary beneficiary and was pregnant when we applied 485. I don\'t know what are the exams she did not go through but I am sure that she didn\'t go through vaccinations. We lost the baby and now she is again pregnant. It is almost certain from all the links above that she will get RFE for her incomplete medical exams. She can not take vaccinations immediately and I have heard from many people that if you produce a letter from India that the person has taken the vaccinations plus if the physician doubts about the person\'s immunity regarding few diseases he or she can take some test and prove that they are immune and do not need to take vaccinations.
However, the doctor who did is not cooperating and is saying that She will need to take vaccination and if any query comes from INS she would reply accordingly.
My question is Since we have not moved and the doctor is also working Can we at this point change the doctor and get whole reexamination done from new doctor, who certainly is more humane and is ready to accept certificate of immunization and blood test or will have to wait again? Can you all who got RFE\'s concerning medical exams under various circumstances take advise from your Lawyers and doctors and advise. My lawyer is also not cooperating at this time and says he doesn\'t know as he is not a doctor.

Regards