Reduction in salary after gc stamp

gcvj

Registered Users (C)
i got my GC last month. My employer is trying to reduce my salary from next month by atleast 10-20K after I go on bench. What if I don\'t accept this salary cut. Do they fire me or do I have to accept it. What is the impact on my GC as I it is just one month since I got the approval.

No Title

If you make them fire you, that is good because that way you are not obligated to stay for the 3 months (per the stupid INS cluase). It may be hard to find a job these days but I think it is easy to force somebody to fire you *smile*..

Best of luck..
Bhanu

No Title

Either case don\'t worry. Even if you get less salary wont problem for your GC. If they fire you still well and good.

or get another job and take vacation on ur current company..

Enjoy man.. INS has lot of other problems to deal with ...

No Title

vsandeep,

Sad to hear about the pay cut. You may want to check the circumstances of this. I work at a startup and they\'ve cut everyone\'s pay by at least 10% for next 3-6 months. If that\'s the case with you and you like to work in the company, and willing to stick with them (not because of GC situation), it is fine. However if you are singled out and it is take it or leave it situation, I agree with Bhanu and Super Indian, that you let them fire you, this way you will not be held responsible for leaviing the job.

With current market conditions, it might take slightly longer to find a new job. Keep looking for a new job and continue here until you find one.

Good luck.

No Title

Don\'t worry nothing can happen in either scenario since INS in its bulletin mentioned thatthey will consider salary change even in pending cases with job change....while you already got your GC so don\'t care

Instead I ADVISE YOU TO QUIT THIS JOB AND FIND A BETTER ONE WITH 20K MORE.
Good luck
hanuman

No Title

Hey vsandeep, Is there any development regarding the RFE to prove the legal status for your wife? Last time i rememeber, you were going to talk to attorney Sheela Murthy. Can you please post if there is any update to that?

Thanks

No Title

All thanks for your responses. I am not interested in continuing with the current employer anyway. I think the market for my field is still good and I am thinking of rejecting the salary reduction. Don\'t you think I should reject the salary change???? I want them either pay me or fire me.

About my wife\'s case I spoke with Mrs Murthy. She suggested me to apply 485-a and pay $1,000 fine and all should be OK. My attorney is very slow now and says that we don\'t need to file it before the Apr,30 2001 since my labor was filed a while back on Jan4,98. He says that just paying fine($1,000) and sending some explanation letter should be fine. I am still waiting for talking to him. I will update you when I hear more.

No Title

I feel your employer would not be too foolish to reduce your salary since he knows that you got your GC. I feel your employer is affected by recent economic boom (as described by some chameleon analysts) and might be indicating you to leave for greener pastures (if any). But, the job market is at downside. So, watch your step and make the right decision.

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bushes. But, Is the right bird you have ?

No Title

Hanuman:

Could you refer me to the INS bulletin regarding the salary change v.s job changing? I got my PP stamped 3 weeks ago, and I received an offer which pays 35k more than my current job (both are permanent kind and same classification). I could not take the offer because the new company could not wait for me for 3 months. Your help will be greatly appreciated.