Recording available for download for May 7 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I40 pd

Hello Rajeev
I have posted the question on the last call and you answer also but i was not on the call. any way. I have a follow up question.
As you told earlier aslo PD can go with you , Does not matter even if I140 revoked by employer or used for some other employee ( only labor) . PD belong to you . Is that true ?
I was mean to say. If i have a approved I140 on my name and i left the comp and join another comp. Can i use the PD of that approved I140 with the new I140 when my new comp will file the I140. I have a copy of approved I140 ( old comp) .

Please spary some light on this issue.

Thanks again for your time.

I-130 petition based on GC and Documentation

Hi Rajiv,

If today, My wife (a GC holder - since 4 years) files I-130 petition based on her Permenant Residency, than

Que: What will happen to this petition?
Que 1. Does USCIS approve the petition (I-130) and keep it pending until visa number becomes available? OR Do they keep I-130 completely pending by assigning receipt number and only processes it further when visa number becomes available?

Because If they approves it and keep it pending than we can save I-130 petition processing time next year when she becomes citizen. Once she becomes citizen we just send a letter to USCIS informing to upgrade the petition from PR to Citizen status and the process starts further from the point of I-130approval instead of filing it from scracth.

Que 2: Once my wife becomes citizen, As a proof of citizenship what documents are required to submit with I-130 petition?
Do we require to submit copies of both US passport and Citizenship Certificate OR any one of them is good enough?

Thanks
KC

Last edited by a moderator:
GC holder with 1 year left for citizenship

Dear Rajiv:

I spoke with you recently. Here's my situation for you to recall:

SITUATION:
I obtained my Green Card in June 2005. I believe I should be eligible to become a citizen by June 2010. I will be graduating with my graduate degree this June 2009, and thereafter would ideally like to return to Africa and live there till I become a US citizen one year later, in June 2010. I have lived continuously in the US for well over the 30-month requirement of physical residence required for obtaining US citizenship.

I was hoping to be in Africa starting June 2009, and return to the US once every 6 months (for a month or so) until time comes for my citizenship. Effectively that would mean a trip to the US around December 2009, and another trip to the US for my citizenship interview in June 2010.

You have mentioned earlier that the above plan in its current form is risky.

QUESTIONS:
1. What if I obtained a job with an American multinational/organization in Africa, and was posted in Africa for the period from now until I become a citizen. If I applied for an ?N-470?, could I follow the above plan of making 2 trips once every 6 months until time comes for my citizenship oath?

2. Assuming I get an N-470, then do I still need to be physically present in the US from the entire duration from applying for citizenship, to taking the oath? Or can I just fly back in to the US for my oath?

3. In order to apply for an N-470, would I need to be hired by/reporting to/getting paid from the US-based office/headquarters of the American organization, or would being hired by the local African subsidiary (e.g. Microsoft South Africa) work just as well for applying for an N-470?

Rajiv, thank you, really appreciate your service.

Last edited by a moderator:
H4 Related, Visa expired, stamping related query

Hi!

My husband's and mine visa expired in Feb '09. He got an extension 2010. We have got his company's visa extension papers.I need to visit India in mid May. He could not accompany me. Under the current circumstances ( Economy slowdown et al) and the rumors doing the rounds, - a) If I go for Visa stamping alone, on the way back, sometimes in June or July..if I carry our documents, will it be advisable ?

A lot of rumors and all have completely exhausted my mind. This is my last resort to actually know what is going on?

Please help.

-------------------
Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
Start Time: 1:55PM, EST
End Time: 3:20 PM, EST
Next call Date: May 7, 2009

Conference Access Number: 1-785-686-1324
Conference Passcode: 552855

NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.[/QUOTE]

H4 status, Visa expired, stamping related query.

Hi!

My husband's and mine visa expired in Feb '09. He got an extension 2010. We have got his company's visa extension papers.I need to visit India in mid May. He could not accompany me. Under the current circumstances ( Economy slowdown et al) and the rumors doing the rounds, - a) If I go for Visa stamping alone, on the way back, sometimes in June or July..if I carry our documents, will it be advisable ?

A lot of rumors and all have completely exhausted my mind. This is my last resort to actually know what is going on?

Please help.

-------------------
Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
Start Time: 1:55PM, EST
End Time: 3:20 PM, EST
Next call Date: May 7, 2009

Conference Access Number: 1-785-686-1324
Conference Passcode: 552855

NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.