Recording available for download for July 14 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rajiv, I filed for H1-B extension and I got promoted while the case was in-progress;
1. Should this require H1-B amendment or H1-B re-file? Can I travel during amendment/re-file in-progress?
2. Can my wife on H4 travel and go for visa stamping during this time?
3. What is the difference between amendments and re-file? Is there a chance of H1-B rejection/denial in amendment process?

Hi, I am on F1 student visa and I have completed 1 semester of general eds. I would like to change my status to J1. Kindly guide me.

Hi Rajiv,

I applied for my advance parole two months ago but it is still in processing stage. I scheduled to go India after two weeks. I want to request my friend to collect the AP and mail me to the Indian address. Can I leave the country without AP in my hand. Please suggest me if any issues.

Automatic Visa Revlidation

Hello,

a) I understood that the automatic visa re validation is one can go to Mexico or Canada and reenter if one has valid unexpired I-94 though Visa is expired. was my understanding correct ?

b) if you re enter to the USA using Automatic visa revalidation, would port of entry issue another new I-94 ?

c) if some one is Out of status on H1B ( please note that I-94 is NOT expired but for some one was not paid for some time ) , can it be corrected using automatic visa revalidation by going out of the USA to Mexico and re enter to the USA on the same day ? if Yes ususally what documents will be asked at port of the entry for automatic visa revalidation ?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rajiv Ji,

Let me convey my sincere thanks, for your advices, which is helping me to lead my immigration journey.

Q: Right now, my H1 is up to 07/13/2012, joining on EAD to client, In case if I apply back H1 again before expiry of current I-94 of above H1, do I get new H1 with I-94 attached?

Thanks,
Sai4gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.