RECORDING available for download for April 15 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job Posting for PERM application within the company

hi Rajiv,
I am currently in 6th year of H1B. I was on 6th year of H1B expiry as of 09/30/2010 from Company A.

I have 257 days of vacation time that can be recaptured. I applied for H1B transfer to Company B and got approved on 03/22/2010 with validity from 03/23/2010 to 03/22/2011. This approval only gave me 173 days of recapture.

I have started PERM process with Company B and they say it may take until 06/20/2010 to get my application submitted. What are my options for 7th year extension. Can I reclaim my remaining 84 days of vacation time for 7th year extension?.

My lawyer says that my company must post my position, job description and salary details throughout the company board and visible to all employees for PERM apply process. My employer is not comfortable posting my salary details. Is this an absolute requirement?. Can we avoid posting my compensation details?.

Thanks.

Rajivji

I am a Canadian citizen (India born) with Ph.D. in physics. Currently working on a TN visa (Computer Systems Analyst job title). I believe that I meet the criteria for EB1 Extraordinary ability category (journal publications, manuscript review and a conference award). In this context,
a). can I apply for GC through EB1 category (physics) through a lawyer eventhough I am working as a computer systems analyst now.
b). Is it necessary to change the job to "physicist" and then apply for GC through EB1?.

Based on the reply, I will schedule a telephonic interview. Thanks in advance

Ac21

Hello Rajeev Ji
I would like to ask the question reagrding the change of job.
I have an EAD and H1 also.I have Approved I-140 and 485 Pending more than 180 days.

I have a new Job offer with same job profile and same client.
Can i accept my new offer without loosing the GC process ?

If yes.
How i can i do that ? Please explain.

I am worrying about if i change the job and my current employer revoke the I140. Then what will happen.
I am in (INDIA EB3 ) and PD is NOV 2001. Very close the OCT 2001 which will be availbale in May 2010.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.