Recommended for aproval

nunka

Registered Users (C)
is any body have experience with recommended approval its been 5 month since i receive it .i wonder when will i get my final approval.
2nd is the way i can check my status online apart from that of USCIS i can't find it there.

what was your asylum case for, if you have high ranking, like if you are former government official sometimes asylum office mails case to Washington for approval. It happens rarely but sometimes it happens. If you are recommended for approval practically you have your asylum status if something strange doesn't happens in your country nothing can change it.

If you are recommended for approval practically you have your asylum status if something strange doesn't happens in your country nothing can change it.

Years ago I was recommended for approval but still got denied. It did not take 5 months to hear back from the immigration though. That sounds like a long time.

The reason for denial was that I had not shown compelling reason for applying for asylum outside of the 1 year time frame after arrival on US soil. I was referred to an Immigration judge and won in court.
On the threat of persecution side my case was bulletproof and well documented in national and international press. All you had to do was Google my name and you would know how bad it was for me and my family.

i see you are here and almost passport in hand so everything went good for you. Congrats

so you applied after one your from you entry in US passed right?

Yes, I applied well over a year after I got in. But I don't want to take over this thread without answering Munka's question. Sen me a private message if I can help you more.
Munka, have you tried to get an infopass appointment to go see whay it's taking so long?

journalist my asylum case was based on gender i don't have any high ranking.
what was your asylum case for, if you have high ranking, like if you are former government official sometimes asylum office mails case to Washington for approval. It happens rarely but sometimes it happens. If you are recommended for approval practically you have your asylum status if something strange doesn't happens in your country nothing can change it.

I see,

Well in most cases recommended for approval means it's almost done, I don't know what should prevent them from giving final approval, something really odd must happen them to change their mind, but as far as you had gender issue it must be less possible

There must be really serious issue to halt approval. Did you inquire at the office?

Recommended Approval means,
they basically agree that you have a strong case and should be approved.
You also eligible to apply for EAD right away even if you had not reach the 150 days point,
but this EAD is still the TEMPORARY EAD and NOT the permanent EAD like if you got full asylum approval.

The main reason you had not got full approval is because,
they still want to check your background, to make sure your name is clear all the security checks for national security purposes.

and if you came from some high risk country, then your background check might took longer, hence your long wait.

don't worry, if your background is clear, you will get approved sooner or later.

I was looking for discussion regarding Recommended Approval at this forum, turn out 3.5 years ago I actually post the above :)

I check my status today and I got approved, so it took 15 days for me to get Full Approval :)