Recived a call from USCIS - Interview Cancelled

sambarej

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received a call from USCIS a little while ago.
Unfortunatley I missed their call and so they left me a message saying my interview that was for 2nd jan 2007 is now cancelled and that they will notify me for another appointment.

Called my lawyer and left her a message, waiting for her to call me back.
Called the Manchester office, from where I missed the call, but there were no options to talk to an officer.

well, this was my last hope as my OPt expires on 4th jan, but i guess i cant work after that!!!

No movement on your pending I-765?
Sorry to hear about your interview cancellation. Going by the relevant USCIS memo, they should get back to you with a new interview within 11 weeks.
Good luck!!!

I am planning on going to the Manchester Imm office on my interview day and try and find out why this was cancelled. I spoke with my husband and he said we both should go together.

Havent heard from my lawyer, but I am sure I will talk to her today or on 2nd Jan , not sure what she would advise.

I would think the holidays have made them cancel the interview?
Or is it that my case was handled by MO office and they possibly did not send the case information to the Manchester office?

I almost felt like driving up there now :)) as the suspense kills me!!!!! arrrghh!!!

Also whats annoying is they call a day before the interview..????

anyway, as always any advice would be good :)

thanks...

sambarej said:
I am planning on going to the Manchester Imm office on my interview day and try and find out why this was cancelled. I spoke with my husband and he said we both should go together.

Havent heard from my lawyer, but I am sure I will talk to her today or on 2nd Jan , not sure what she would advise.

I would think the holidays have made them cancel the interview?
Or is it that my case was handled by MO office and they possibly did not send the case information to the Manchester office?

I almost felt like driving up there now :)) as the suspense kills me!!!!! arrrghh!!!

Also whats annoying is they call a day before the interview..????

anyway, as always any advice would be good :)

thanks...

Hi:

Their offices will be closed on Jan. 2nd. It is in honor of Gerald Ford's death. Try going in after that. I am so sorry to hear that your interview was cancelled. Best of luck.

I am pretty sure all interviews for the 2nd have been cancelled since it is an unplanned "closed" day. I just hope USCIS reschedules all those affected as early as possible!!!

thanks folks!!

im glad i am here to be updated on anything about USCIS. :)

Spoke to my lawyer as well. and she obiously did not know about the federal offices being closed. :) so, i updated her :)