Recipt With Exception?? What does it mean??

Amy Kellogg

Registered Users (C)
Hey all:

My spouse received INS receipt today. But, it says "Receipt with Exception".

The explanation given is just as cryptic. It says "Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interivew. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

Did any one else get such a letter? Is it usual or an exception? I am not even sure what I am missing. I included everything that was asked for in the instructions.

Any help / suggestions are appreciated.

regards,

Amy

Amy Kellogg said:
Hey all:

My spouse received INS receipt today. But, it says "Receipt with Exception".

The explanation given is just as cryptic. It says "Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interivew. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

Did any one else get such a letter? Is it usual or an exception? I am not even sure what I am missing. I included everything that was asked for in the instructions.

Any help / suggestions are appreciated.

regards,

Amy

Perhaps there was a declaration of a citation/traffic ticket etc. on the N-400, but the disposition of the same was not included? In any event, the interview notice will tell you what documents that you would be expected to bring to the interview itself.

Good luck!

I did get same message. I mentioned my traffic tickets(3). I am not worrying about it until I get my interview appointment and document to provide.
My advice is not worried about it until you know what they asking to bring for interview.

denver400 said:
Bamako,

3 tickets in 5 years after you got your Green Card?

Thanks

Yes, but I don't think tickets and GC are correlated. I got all my tickets in 2001 and 2002, since then I did not get any ticket. I am not going to worry about it, if missing evindence is just about traffic tickets.

Thanks for the information. Yes, my spouse has 1 ticket - only one in the last 10 years in the US!!

My case is different - I have 10 tickets in the last 15 years in the US :(. A lot of junk tickets - like forgetting purse/wallet - thus driving without carrying drivers license etc.

regards,

Amy

Amy

Don't even bother to pay attention to this letter. They always send this kind of letter to everyone who check 'yes' to anything on N-400. This letter is a computer generated letter, which is mailed from Service Center. Your interview appointment letter won't even mention about this notation, and that letter would be issued by your local USCIS office. This is just a general practice for them.

Amy

10 tickets in 15 yrs!!!!!!! And, you are still frawn on this??? You’ve got to be kidding. Some people get 10 tickets in 10 days. Anyway, so long those tickets are or will be paid by the time of interview, you have nothing to worry; otherwise officer may delay the decision on your application until those tickets would be fully disposed, or officer may deny your citizenship application under “bad character” clause by saying that you are violating state’s law by not paying fine on those tickets if fines are imposed on those tickets by traffic courts. Nevertheless, I’m sure that those tickets are already paid. Just make sure to take all the receipts or documentations to show to the officer about paying fines on those tickets even if your interview appointment letter would not say anything about this.

Good Luck.

Yup! All the tickets are paid. I was anal enough to have notarized copies of tickets (don't know why or when I did it - can't actually recall doing it). I also got copies of DMV records from all the states I lived in. I actually had a copy of a ticket that State does not even have on record.

I am sending out for IRS tax transcripts. I also need to get business taxes - don't know if there is a different form for it or if 4506 will suffice.

Thanks again for your help.

regards,

Amy