Recieved PLastic card one month after DOE

Very_Hopeful

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

We finally got our cards today exactly one month after entering US. Here is the timeline.

CP interview: JUne 12, 2007
POE: NY-JFK
DOE: June 25
Welcome letter recieved: July 17
Card Recieved: July 24.

Good luck to everyone.

Congrats

Did you check on DS-230 Part 2 to get new SSN and SSN for your spouese (if that the case)?

Are suppose to fill any form from our side to get them or they automatically come to us.?

I saw people talked about form I-9. Do you know what is that?

Please help answer the question.

thanks

-vman

Congrats vman,

I did fill out for a SSN card on DS230 but havent recived anything so far. I do not know how it works. Me and my wife already have a SSN. We just need to remove the limitation "valid for work with INS authorization". I guess we will have to go personally to the SS office to get that done. I will wait for one more month and see what happens. I do not know anything about I-9.

Ssn & I-9

We have to go to SSN office to get the new/modified card. My friend suggested to wait for 10-15 days after DOE so they have our updated information.

I-9 is to be downloaded from web and filled up and sent to the employer. It's the proof with employer that we are legally allowed to work in the US and they should have our exact status (wrt visa/gc)

Ssn

Hi very hopeful,

Did you and your wife receive the new SSN cards? Did you go to SSA office in person or just receive it without showing in local SSA office?

How come some one posted here and said they received the new SSN card automatically?

Thanks,:confused:

New SSN card recd

Friends,
I received( Aug 2ndweek) after entering US(July30). I didn't go to SS office.
thanks.
manishraj.

Ssn

Hi manishraj,

Can you provide more details?

1. Did you need a new SSN number or you already had the SSN before?
2. Did you fill out the SSN application in the airport when you enter USA? Or your consular help you to submit the SSN application form?

Thanks,

SSN Card

battelle,
I received the same number. I didn't fillout any form. Even though I had filled one during Consular Process, I didn't hand over it (or) they didn't ask for that.
thanks.
manishraj.