Recevied Plastic Card for wife

amrish, congrats! I remember your pre-

vious postings and last knew that you were waiting for wife's
approval. Can you tell us in more detail what happened after that, 4 time approval notices? what was different?, did she have any rfe? where are you located? i wonder they started issuing plastic cards sooner..... thanks.

Details

I was primary applicant and got approved on Jan 7 2002 without an RFE. Wife's case was not yet approved
Called INS and they said she had an RFE and letter would be mailed out soon
INS goofed up and lettter went to another attorney in some other state. Inthe meantime they mailed me a copy of the letter
We responded and then it was waiting for the approval
Then one fine mornign when I call INS the recorded message still said recevied RFE response but the IIO told me the case was transferred to Cleveland
I said we live near Cincinnati and she said you will have to drive to Cleveland. Well no letter form INS telling me or my lawyer case was transferred. Eventually the case came to Cincinnati and they issued interview letter for July 30 2002. We went and interview was like 2 minutes and she gave a preprinted approval letter from May 22 2002 and stamped the passport. On Aug 26b we receive 3 copies of exactly the same letter from INS welcoming my wife as an immigrant to the US and yesterday we recevied one more copy of the letter. All 4 letters said teh card willl be mailed in 3 weeks. Today We got her plastic card. I had received my card on Jul 27 2002. INS issued her a new LIN number but the A nuber remained the same
So the original LIN still has the message of RFE response recevied etc.... but the new LIN says the case has been approved. Guess when a case gets transferred to LOCAL INS and goes back to NEBraska after appoval they issue a new LIN number