Recession - Are people still going back to home Country(IND/CHN...)

another_wish

Registered Users (C)
I personally know couple of guys who left US to India with families as they could not get job for a long long period but then this was in end of last yr and starting of this year. Have things improved? or its still bad? Are people really still leaving to home country? I thought it stopped as the unemployment #\'s improved. I always keep hearing that my brothers friend or friends friend is going but how true it is? Where can we find some numbers on this......i know its not easy to track. Is it single digit %/ratio ? Sorry for poping a out of subject post.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to know the truth check local airports.

Hundreds if not thousands of so-called IT professionals are hitting back to india. This year H1b cape is only 55% compare to last year. I wonder who sponsor for H-1b. I do not know a single body shop applied for new h-1b. Infact it\'s simply opposite thousands of h1b was cancelled or terminated. No one is hiring IT people and indian are facing even hard time finding new projects. Lots of companies are simply saying we need only green card or citizen and rates are dime a dozen. Under such circumsatnce who can afford to live in this country may be on credit cards but you will still consider to be illegal. So best bet lets try bollywood............

guys, lets make this discussion board healthy

another_wish, nobody can actually conform this. some people are leaving and some are comming. but please don\'t posts such questions which attract the some sick ppl. we just seen.

dma_va, i know its difficult but try not respond to such proven insane people.

No Title

Common Guys!! : 2002gc4pk is just trying to give his frank opinion. nothing sick about it. Let\'s not redicule someone for no reason. Let\'s not scare people away from giving a frank opinion. If you carefully read his comments you can see that there is nothing sick about it. Let\'s not define somebody by their nationality. Pakis or Indians, we all belong to the same region, we are the same people whether we like it or not.

dma-va, VSC-CSC...like ugnar, I too didn\'t find anything offensive in 2002gc4\'s initial message. W

I dont see any problem...

Hi Guys...
Cool down... there was nothing in 2002gc4pk\'s message. What ever he said is true. It doesn\'t matter whats your nationality. As long as you are an immigrant worker, you have to face these problems in this economy. Its not that pretty even if we go back to our countries.

So please try not to corner people based on their nationality. We are all humans... and more over we are IMMIGRANTS :(

Sudhi

Humour 2002GCpak

Guys,
This person needs to be humoured. He gives Indians the alternative of Bollywood. Considering the part of the world this guy is from what would be his alternative if he has to go back? Al Quaida or Lashkar-e-something (there are so many)....

Last edited by a moderator:
my brother was in the same situation with out a Job for more than six months , but luckly he is sta

situation

I personally know two families who moved back to India. One of them was working on Mainframe and another a Mechanical Engineer in a Texas Oil firm - (he had a family which was into construction business back home).
YOU know what one of them came back last week as recruiter for a firm in Atlanta. Another one is also planning to come back as he had some clash of interests with his brothers over business !Looks like firm for which he was working ready to hire him back.

Government is considering to ban h-1b program.

Finally INS and Labor department come to know about wrong doing and absuse of H-1b program. How some indian body shopper raped the h-1b program bring lots of freshly graduate indians from india (18% on fake degrees). Now congress is considering to either ban or put a freeze on h-1b indiviuduals from india. What a shame for us all. Soon DOL will stop accepting applications for country of origion form india. So guys if you have a family and kids do not keep high hopes and stop wasting your life and quit. It ain\'t worth raising high blood pressure, headeach, cholestrol and other just over residency in this country. After all there is no jobs left for immigrants anyway. Think about it.

even worst

Now, you understand why our green card process is taking so long. At least 18% unqualified indians from india are applying for green card. Most of them also apply for their spouse. Qualified people are waiting much longer... I hope congress will ban or put a freeze on H1B individual from india soon...

Now these guys have got something to talk about..

100-18=82 % well qualified, hardworking people are working very hard for your survival also..just remeber that..!!!!

Remember onething if they ban H1B to Indians, the whole lot of JOBS will get outsourced to India and even you guys will get kicked out.

Corporate America want to spend less and make more at this economic environment.

I do not see any ban on travellers from Pakistan.

Lots of Pakistanis come and visit US each year. Just Pakistan International has 6 flights coming and going from JFK to Pakistan. People in Pakistan love their country and go back home after visiting US. However nation like indians stick here and just afriad to go back to filty poor and smelly land. So my dear if you ever visit Pakistan bring extra clothes you might change your mind.

one billion soon will become bigger

MOSCOW, July 02 (PNS): Scores of Indian students studying in Moscow Medical Institute face expulsion on charges of submitting fake documents.

About 80 Indian students, mostly from the final year course, have been accused of having taken admissions in the institute on the basis of false certificates.

These students, initially studying in different provincial Russian towns, reportedly got themselves transferred to Moscow Medical Institute on the basis of documents procured by bribing authorities. Some students, after completing the second year, allegedly jumped into the fourth or fifth course on the basis of these documents, accused a representative of the rector\'s office of the institute.

But the Indian students say they are victims of a dirty game played by the institute\'s authorities in connivance with middlemen recruiting students.

"The authorities used to encourage illegal admission by taking bribes through the middlemen. Since there is an inquiry into the allegation conducted by law enforcement agencies, they are now attempting to save their skin by expelling us," IANS quoted one Indian student.

The middlemen, who are well connected with the institute authorities, have in the meantime reportedly extracted additional sums from the troubled students in order to extricate them from their predicament.

"Our future is completely bleak. We are victims of a conspiracy by the middlemen hand-in-glove with the institute authorities," said one Indian girl from the fifth course. "We have already spent so much of money for our studies here, we had a dream which is going to be shattered by our expulsion from the institute."

Each year, hundreds of Indians come for higher education to Russian medical institutes taking advantage of the cheap and quality education, which is recognized by the World Health Organization.

According to some estimates, there are some 16,000 Indian students studying in different Russian medial institutes and about half of them are pursuing their studies in medical institutes here

End.

No Title

Heaven (or Hell) whatever,

Whether we praise Pakistan for any other thing or not, one thing is really appreciable and that is despite getting thrashing from all over the world (Mushy et al), you still have damn guts to suggest somebody to visit Paki.

Have you ever heard what Ian Botham (English cricket Allrounder) had to say about Pak: That he won\'t send even his mother-in-law to Pak.

I don\'t have patience to write more to make you and people of your ilk to see the ground reality. I will only say in a few words: just shut up.

No Title

I also do not see hordes of Indians rushing to India because they are job less. Stop hallucinating, you poor fool! The ban I mentioned will come soon, once Mushy Mohajir fall out of favor with Bush et al OR one more of your Taliban idiots damage an American establishment or hurt their citizens.

Re: For that matter the government is also considering banning travellers

Originally posted by Baba Yaga
from Muslim nations, especially from Pakistan and the Middle east. we all know who is responsible for the Sept 11 incident.
Great. All we need in this forum is Hindu-Fundamentalist extremists like baba_yaga battling with pakistanis like heaven.

Please take your mudslinging to some other private forum. We 485 waiters have enough problems without having to read nasty posts by the likes of you.

I am reporting the users to the administrator.