Recent US PR card (old Canada PR status) What to expect at the Canada/US Border

dhirendra_sh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR. I applied Candian PR while working on H1-B visa in USA.I got Canada PR some time back.

Recently, I got US PR status.

I am undecided whether to settle down in Canada or in US.

I need to travel to Canada.What status should i travel on ? and what to expect at the border ?

Thanks

Hi,

I am a Canadian PR. I applied Candian PR while working on H1-B visa in USA.I got Canada PR some time back.

Recently, I got US PR status.

I am undecided whether to settle down in Canada or in US.

I need to travel to Canada.What status should i travel on ? and what to expect at the border ?

Thanks

I too have a canadian PR, but still waiting on my green card and FULLY intedn to move to canada after i get it. I wonder how will it work. I was told by my lawyer that i can still keep my green card if i go to canada for studying (which i will), but I'm not sure what will they do when they see my canada PR.

I too have a canadian PR, but still waiting on my green card and FULLY intedn to move to canada after i get it. I wonder how will it work. I was told by my lawyer that i can still keep my green card if i go to canada for studying (which i will), but I'm not sure what will they do when they see my canada PR.

What is the reason to move to Canada "after" you get the green card? It will not work - eventually you will have to give up either of them.

Hi,

I am planning to get Canadian green card for my mother.I cannot sponsor her for US GC as I am not USC.

When i become a USC, I can sponsor for my mother's GC.

What is the reason to move to Canada "after" you get the green card? It will not work - eventually you will have to give up either of them.

I want to do my phd there, it's easier to get financial aid as a grad student in canada that in the US. I got accepted at a very good school there.
Also if i ever want to get married to someone from my home country, i won't be able to bring her to the US on a green card, but i can bring her to canada as a PR, and since I'm not married and don't know who i'lll marry, it's important to keep my canada options open

To sponsor your mother you will need Canadian sourced income. That means you will need to live and earn in Canada. So how will you keep your US permanent residency?

I am planning to get Canadian green card for my mother.I cannot sponsor her for US GC as I am not USC.

When i become a USC, I can sponsor for my mother's GC.