Recent Federal Plaza GC Approval?

yellowtuna123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had my interview on April 5 at Federal Plaza. The officer said my case was approved but he didn't stamp my passport. I was told that my FBI checks were all cleared... No update on the online case status website. I am curious to see where things stand for people who interviewed recently at Federal Plaza. Please let me know your status.

Thanks.

Yellowtuna123

I have the similar situation like you. My husband and I had the interview on 04/24/2006, the DAO from NY Federal Plaza approved my case, but he did not say anything about my FBI name check thing, I did not ask either. He told me I should get the card in the mail on 2-4 weeks. He wrote "485 application adjustment CR-6 " and his name etc. on my passport and took my I-94. I have my AP, do you think I am ok to travel out of US without the original I-94 in June if I do not receive the card before then?

And I checked my online status, nothing has been updated so far, and if your case update, please let me know. Or do you have any idea about how can I find out my name check status? I did the FP ASC-3 in Jan 2006.
Thanks a lot.

Federal Plaza Timelines

Hi guys could you post your timeline leading up to your interview, Iam awaiting my interview and ead. good luck. and nice thread.

NY050604 said:
I have the similar situation like you. My husband and I had the interview on 04/24/2006, the DAO from NY Federal Plaza approved my case, but he did not say anything about my FBI name check thing, I did not ask either. He told me I should get the card in the mail on 2-4 weeks. He wrote "485 application adjustment CR-6 " and his name etc. on my passport and took my I-94. I have my AP, do you think I am ok to travel out of US without the original I-94 in June if I do not receive the card before then?

And I checked my online status, nothing has been updated so far, and if your case update, please let me know. Or do you have any idea about how can I find out my name check status? I did the FP ASC-3 in Jan 2006.
Thanks a lot.

My husband actually asked the DAO if my FBI checks were all clear and she said yes. But then she didn't take my I94?! :confused: Anyway, I don't think there is any easy way to check on your name check... There are links here to a few "FBI name checks" threads which could be helpful:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=188386

My lawyer did say it generally takes a few weeks to 2 months to get the card. So I guess we shouldn't be too stressed out yet.

Re your question on traveling outside of the country... My lawyer told me it might be problematic if the green card gets approved while one is out of the country because one is supposed to use the green card to get back into the country instead of the AP. I read on other threads that if you have urgent travel needs and are waiting for your green card to come after your interview, you can schedule an infopass appointment to get your passport stamped. Then you should be fine. I have to travel in June as well but I'll give it a few more weeks to see if I will get the card...

Last edited by a moderator:
acfttech said:
Hi guys could you post your timeline leading up to your interview, Iam awaiting my interview and ead. good luck. and nice thread.

My timeline:
ND: Early October
Received FP notice: Mid October
FPs: Early November
Received AP: Early December
Received EAD: Early December
Received Interview Notice: Late December
Interview: 4/5/06

My timeline

acfttech said:

RD: 12/09/2005
FPs: 01/24/2006
EAD/AP: Early Feb. 2006
Received Interview Notice:Early Feb. 2006
Interview Date: 04/24/2006

Thanks for your reply

Thank you very much for your information, yellowtuna123, I think we really have the close time frame and situation. But I have to move at the end of the May(still in NYC), and we already booked the tickets in early June. So if I do not hear anything back by 5/20, am I able to make an infopass appointment at the end of May. It is really scare me since all the purpose I apply the AP is for this trip. Hope we all good luck, and please keep me posted, thank you.

NY050604 said:
Thank you very much for your information, yellowtuna123, I think we really have the close time frame and situation. But I have to move at the end of the May(still in NYC), and we already booked the tickets in early June. So if I do not hear anything back by 5/20, am I able to make an infopass appointment at the end of May. It is really scare me since all the purpose I apply the AP is for this trip. Hope we all good luck, and please keep me posted, thank you.

Hmm, I am not quite sure how infopass works and how long it takes to get an appointment... Check out the Garden City, NY thread - I think some guys had an infopass appointment recently and they might be able to give you more information.

Good luck to you too. I will keep you posted of any new development.

Timeline

mine, thx for repling

H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD 4/10/06
EAD?
INTERVIEW DATE?

Woohoo!!!

I just got approved!!! My online status said on May 1, an approval notice for my I130 and a welcome letter for my I485 were mailed! Now, I'll have to wait for the actual card! I am so excited!!!!!!!

I will keep you all posted once I get my card...

My case updated too

yellowtuna123 said:
I just got approved!!! My online status said on May 1, an approval notice for my I130 and a welcome letter for my I485 were mailed! Now, I'll have to wait for the actual card! I am so excited!!!!!!!

I will keep you all posted once I get my card...

Congrats!yellowtuna123. My online status had been updated too, same as yours: I-130 approval and I-485 notice sent. It is a great news for us. If I do not receive the plastic GC by the end of May, guess I can use the welcome notice to make an infopass appointment to get the passport stamped before I travel. Let's cheer for the update, :)

Fellow newyorkers,

I'm so impressed by the fact of how much faster the NYC DO became.
I'm amazed and feel finally comfortable about applying here.
I feel bad for who took 2, even 3 years to get an interview here(actually the USCIS website says that they're still processing I-485 received on Jan 1, 2004!)

NY050604 said:
Congrats!yellowtuna123. My online status had been updated too, same as yours: I-130 approval and I-485 notice sent. It is a great news for us. If I do not receive the plastic GC by the end of May, guess I can use the welcome notice to make an infopass appointment to get the passport stamped before I travel. Let's cheer for the update, :)

Wow! Impressive! You got approved only a week after your interview! CONGRATS! Keep me posted once you get your card. I will do the same. :)

acfttech: I have a similar timeline as yours, hope we both get our EAD and letters for interview appointments soon. please update if you hear anything... Thanks

Federal plaza timeline

Chaimdan. I will do that, likewise if there any changes for you let me know....good luck

H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 2/ 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD 4/10/06
LUD I485 4/10/06
I130 5/6/06
I765 5/6/06
EAD?
INTERVIEW DATE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Received but with Error

I got my GC yesterday. Unfortunately, there is a small error on my card. They mistakenly put sex “M” instead of “F”. I am soooo... mad :confused:
I have to file I-90 to get the card replaced. If anybody know some useful information on how to handle this knid of administrative error by USCIS, please help. Thanks, I have to get my passport stamped.........

WOW that is fast... Green card in NYC in 5 months, first time I hear it happening so fast... Congrats....

Does anyone know, is it perhaps easier or faster to get a green card for someone with a prior visa (i.e. H1B) than someone like myself who is Canadian and who never dealt with American embassy before?!?

NY050604 said:
I got my GC yesterday. Unfortunately, there is a small error on my card. They mistakenly put sex “M” instead of “F”. I am soooo... mad :confused:
I have to file I-90 to get the card replaced. If anybody know some useful information on how to handle this knid of administrative error by USCIS, please help. Thanks, I have to get my passport stamped.........

Sorry to hear that NYC050604... I am not sure what's the best way to deal with it... Check out this other forum "The Physical Green Card" on this site, you may get some good information there...

I still haven't gotten mine yet. Just curious, what date did they send your card?

My email from USCIS: "On May 8, 2006, an approval notice was mailed....", You will get yours soon, good luck!