Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

If you have the ability to travel for the finger prints, when you call the 800 for a reservation and there is a considerable delay in your local office. Ask the operator what office in your general geographical area have they seen with short waits. You might be able to setup an appointment there and drive/fly to get that done ASAP.... Best of luck.

Hey that was pretty fast for me receiving the form i-797c notice of action for i-485 and i-765 . But i call to schedule an appointement for finger printing but theyt told me there is no reasonnable that till august . You know what i`m going to walk in to the local uscis at hemstead NY they allow walki-ins for finger printing i`ve been there already . I`ll post the detail when i come back tomorrow .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for everyone here.

I did receive my EAD card on Saturday, but I find a mistake in my name. They miss one of my first name. In fact, I have two first name and one last name. It is common for american to state only one first name and one last name. I need to tell them to correct it again?, because I already asked them (call them) to correct it in the computer system when I received the notice letter two months ago and found the mistake. There is my photo on the card, so, employer should know this card is me, not others. Thanks for help????? Enjoy the holidays.

Also, I "strongly" urgent all people to do the fingerprint as soon as possible, otherwises, like me to get the card so late, I found my card is already approved in 2 May, but my fingerprint is not done at that time.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
J1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485 and I-765
March 3: send all applications by mail (Day 1)
March 7: RD (Day 4)
March 24: ND (Day 21)
FP and biometrics scheduled for May 17th at TX
May 17 : FP finished (Day 57)
June 27: e-mail approval of EAD (Day 98), and interview letter received
July 2: EAD card is received. (Day 103)
July 26: interview of I-148 at Houston, TX (Day 127)

nklee,

When your card got approved on May 2, did it show up on USCIS case status website when you checked your case status? Or did you find out from the officer at local office?

nkllee said:
Thanks for everyone here.

I did receive my EAD card on Saturday, but I find a mistake in my name. They miss one of my first name. In fact, I have two first name and one last name. It is common for american to state only one first name and one last name. I need to tell them to correct it again?, because I already asked them (call them) to correct it in the computer system when I received the notice letter two months ago and found the mistake. There is my photo on the card, so, employer should know this card is me, not others. Thanks for help????? Enjoy the holidays.

Also, I "strongly" urgent all people to do the fingerprint as soon as possible, otherwises, like me to get the card so late, I found my card is already approved in 2 May, but my fingerprint is not done at that time.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
J1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485 and I-765
March 3: send all applications by mail (Day 1)
March 7: RD (Day 4)
March 24: ND (Day 21)
FP and biometrics scheduled for May 17th at TX
May 17 : FP finished (Day 57)
June 27: e-mail approval of EAD (Day 98), and interview letter received
July 2: EAD card is received. (Day 103)
July 26: interview of I-148 at Houston, TX (Day 127)

I found out the date at the officer at the local office. He said that although your case is approved, but must wait for 1-2 months after fingerprint.

Did anyone from NJ area applied to the Chicago lock box has received interview letter yet?

Thanks.

Advance Parole Document ??

Can anyone advise on how many copies of the Advance Parole document did they receive? In some immigration related websites, it is mentioned that USCIS issues 3 copies to the petitioner. In my case, I received only 2 !

Further more, at the time of travel - 1 copy is to be given to the airline and 1 copy to the Immigration Officer at the port of entry, which will be stamped. 3rd copy is your to keep.

Not sure, if this is a big deal, but better to stay alert !

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Family based AOS application sent to lockbox along with medical exam rep: May 16;
Receved at Lockbox : May 18;
Receipt Notices sent: June 3
Biometric ASC 3 schduled July 19
Today received in the mail Notice to appear for ' initial interview' to complete the AOS process on Aug 3.
Does anyone know what is ' initial interview'? Do they adjudicate the case at the end of this ' initial interview' and do they issue I 551 stamp on the same day?

helponline1 said:
Family based AOS application sent to lockbox along with medical exam rep: May 16;
Receved at Lockbox : May 18;
Receipt Notices sent: June 3
Biometric ASC 3 schduled July 19
Today received in the mail Notice to appear for ' initial interview' to complete the AOS process on Aug 3.
Does anyone know what is ' initial interview'? Do they adjudicate the case at the end of this ' initial interview' and do they issue I 551 stamp on the same day?

I dont think the CIS wastes a lot of employee-hours just for screening interviews. That notice has got to be for your AOS interview! Would you tell us where your District Office is?

Thanks and Good Luck,
- Crusher

lili2005 said:
Wow thats really quick - did you file the 485 and 130 concurrently?

I 130 was filed by my sister ( US citizen) in 1992 which was approved in 2 months. Priority date became current after 13 years , therefore filed for AOS now.

Crusher said:
I dont think the CIS wastes a lot of employee-hours just for screening interviews. That notice has got to be for your AOS interview! Would you tell us where your District Office is?

Thanks and Good Luck,
- Crusher
Buffalo NY

Last edited by a moderator:
update

Lots of comments from everyone here has been useful to me and I jsut wanted to post update on my case. This is a great site!

I am on H1B and got married to USC.

June 17th 2005 - Mailed all the documents (thru lawyer..I485/I130/I765 and I 131)
June 19th 2005 - RD
June 29th 2005 - ND
August 17 2005 - FP and Bio Appt.

But after reading several cases I just went ahead to the Dallas ASC and got my FP and Bio done today (walkin). It really works..they didnt ask me if I had an appt. or not. I badly need an EAD b'cuz I have a job offer and really want to start ASAP. I made an info pass appt. for July 11th 2005 and will try to get an interim EAD based on offer letter. I really hope it works!

Meers

meers said:
Lots of comments from everyone here has been useful to me and I jsut wanted to post update on my case. This is a great site!

June 17th 2005 - Mailed all the documents (thru lawyer..I485/I130/I765 and I 131)
June 19th 2005 - RD
June 29th 2005 - ND

But after reading several cases I just went ahead to the Dallas ASC and got my FP and Bio done today (walkin). It really works..they didnt ask me if I had an appt. or not. I badly need an EAD b'cuz I have a job offer and really want to start ASAP. I made an info pass appt. for July 11th 2005 and will try to get an interim EAD based on offer letter. I really hope it works!

Meers
Do yourself a favor and email FBI to see if your name check is complete. It will give you a head start in the name check inquiry. Hopefully your AOS will be approved and you will not need to contact FBI for name check inquiry but just incase..be ready.

By the way, why did you file regular way and not DORA? Just curious

If your application is less than 90 days, you can't obtain the interim EAD. I think you need to wait until Sept 29th. Also, your H-1B should give you a permit to work until you get the green card, right?

meers said:

June 19th 2005 - RD
June 29th 2005 - ND

Meers

nkllee said:
If your application is less than 90 days, you can't obtain the interim EAD. I think you need to wait until Sept 29th. Also, your H-1B should give you a permit to work until you get the green card, right?
If you file through normal process i.e. not DORA in Dallas, you can apply for EAD at the same time. It may take upto 90 days for EAD approval however. I guess thats the reason Meers applied through regular process and not DORA.

EricNeesGC said:
Do yourself a favor and email FBI to see if your name check is complete. It will give you a head start in the name check inquiry. Hopefully your AOS will be approved and you will not need to contact FBI for name check inquiry but just incase..be ready.

By the way, why did you file regular way and not DORA? Just curious

my lawyer filed the papers and i dont know why he didnt do it under DORA. I wish he had.

how do i contact FBI?

nkllee said:

My lawyer said that if i had an offer letter stating the start date pretty soon, there are chances that i might be given interim. so i m just trying my luck out.

I just moved to Dallas from Los Angeles..i have H1 from the company in LA. I got an offer from a company in Dallas and they have already waited a month for me. i m just working for my former company till i can start with this new one. That is the reason i want EAD really soon.

i had a question though..if they do not grant me an interim EAD, would that harm my EAD in any way?