Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

I received a notice today for an interview scheduled for 8/18/2005!
Wish me luck!! ;)

F-1 on Practical Training married to USC:
Paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765, medical exam etc) mailed to Chicago Lockbox via express mail: 4/15/2005
Paperwork received by USCIS: 4/16/2005
Notice of Action for I-130, I-485, & I-765: 4/19/2005
Fingerprint and Biometric done : 4/26/2005
EAD approved (email notice): 6/14/2005
EAD received in mail: 6/20/2005
I-485 Interview: 8/18/2005

mspiggy said:
Wish me luck!! ;)

Paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765, medical exam etc) mailed to Chicago Lockbox via express mail: 4/15/2005

What is your DO?
Did you get the mail from NSC (ie MSC) or from the local DO?
thank you

Congratulations ms. piggy! That is great news.. However, I suspect your DO is Los Angeles, CA. Their interview timeline is just unbeleivable! I wish I could see someone get an interview letter from Baltimore DO these days.

-Crusher

mspiggy said:
Wish me luck!! ;)

Los Angeles AOS Timeline

I am in Los Angeles, with an almost identical timeline to MsPiggy (see above), also received my EAD this week, and in today's mail, also received notice (from MSC) of my AOS interview at Los Angeles DO on August 18th. LA rocks!

For the info of others out there, my online case status still shows no 'touches' or updates on my I-130 or I-485 since May 11th and May 2nd respectively. That had me a little worried - but it seems things have been moving nonetheless. Must say, the interview notice was an unexpectedly early surprise.

Here's my complete and updated timeline. Good luck to all.

Day 01 04/16/05 Mailed package to NBC in Chicago.
Day 03 04/18/05 USPS online tracking confirms delivery.
Day 07 04/22/05 Received green USPS return receipt.
Day 07 04/22/05 All checks cashed by USCIS.
Day 08 04/23/05 Received NOA's for I-130, I-485 and I-765.
Day 10 04/25/05 Called to schedule fingerprints & biometrics.
Day 13 04/28/05 Fingerprints & biometrics appointment.
Day 60 06/14/05 EAD approved - e-mail received.
Day 63 06/17/07 EAD mailed - e-mail received.
Day 67 06/21/05 EAD received by mail.
Day 70 06/24/05 Received AOS interview notice from MSC by mail.
Day 125 08/18/05 USCIS AOS interview date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, especially montanagriz,

I have some questions on my EAD application. My ND is 24 March 2005. It already passed the processing time in NBC. I have done my FP so late, at 17 May, 2005. Yesterday, I went to the local district office, they check that my card is already approved at May, but when I check by myself in BCIS.gov., it said only processing. The officer in district office said that because I am so late to do fingerprint, my EAD card is on hold. Usually the EAD is ready only after two months of fingerprint? Is it true? Another question for me, why they can see my card is ready, while I cannot see on web. Third question, while I call the NCSC centre, 1800-767-1833, they always said they can do nothing, only repeat what we can see on the web site, they cannot call for the processing the card. What can I do now? I already miss my job because of this, anyone can give me more information on how to tell them to speed the process? I found the old post, let the officer to call the NCSC, my officer at TX is not so nice, they just said the e-mail to them? They didn;t call by phone, is it normal what they do? Thanks for ideas? I am quite disppointed now, and can't sleep so well.

Yes, My DO is Los Angeles, CA. Wow, things are moving pretty fast here at LA office! By the way, the interview appearance notice letter was sent from NBC in Missouri.

Jckii, my online status says the same thing, no update. It's amazing how identical our timeline has been so far!

Notice to appear for interview received in mail:6/23/2005

thoughts

nkllee said:
Hi everyone, especially montanagriz,

I have some questions on my EAD application. My ND is 24 March 2005. It already passed the processing time in NBC. I have done my FP so late, at 17 May, 2005. Yesterday, I went to the local district office, they check that my card is already approved at May, but when I check by myself in BCIS.gov., it said only processing. The officer in district office said that because I am so late to do fingerprint, my EAD card is on hold. Usually the EAD is ready only after two months of fingerprint? Is it true? Another question for me, why they can see my card is ready, while I cannot see on web. cont...

I know, this is very stressful. But here's what I think. Over 90 days have passed since your RD, so you can make an appointment at your local DO and get an interim EAD card, so that you can start work. Assuming you did your fingerprints you should have received the EAD by now, but who really knows. While you're at the DO you can try getting information there again on the status, maybe this time you will come across a more helpful person...Good luck!

Thanks montanagriz for kind regards,

I have a good news for me. I received the e-mail of approval on EAD, and also the letter of interview.

J1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485 and I-765
March 3: send all applications by mail (Day 1)
March 7: RD (Day 4)
March 24: ND (Day 21)
FP and biometrics scheduled for May 17th at TX
May 17 : FP finished (Day 57)
June 27: e-mail approval of EAD (Day 98), and interview letter received
July 26: interview of I-148 at Houston, TX (Day 127)

I-485 interview success in JAX, FL

Here my timeline from Jacksonville, FL. Here on a K3 visa AOS.

2/25/05 sent I-485 to NBC priority mail USPS.
2/27/05 Notice receive date
3/23/05 NOA date sent out from Chicago/NBC
3/26/05 Received NOA from Chicago/NBC.
4/5/05 RFE notice date
4/6/05 Biometics and fingerprinting completed in Jacksonville, FL
4/6/05 RFE by NBC from Missouri requesting I-130 approval notice mailed.
4/9/05 Received RFE letter from NBC/Missouri
4/9/05 Sent RFE I-130 approval notice to NBC/Missouri by priority mail USPS.
4/11/05 Received RFE by NBC/Missouri.
4/12/05 Case status update for RFE
4/13/05 AOS "touched" .
4/18/05 Fingerprints received and processing has resumed by NBC.
5/27/05 Interview letter Dated.
6/1/05 Interview letter sent out.
6/4/05 Interview letter received.
6/28/05 Interview approved and passport stamped good for 1 year. Told I will received greencard in 7 to 10 days. Interview only lasted 3 mins and interviewer did not ask for any documents or take anything, not even EAD or I-94 arrival card. :) :)

Everybody that's waiting wish you all the best..... Hang in there your turn will come....

Tony

congratulations

nkllee said:
Thanks montanagriz for kind regards,

I have a good news for me. I received the e-mail of approval on EAD, and also the letter of interview.

J1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485 and I-765
March 3: send all applications by mail (Day 1)
March 7: RD (Day 4)
March 24: ND (Day 21)
FP and biometrics scheduled for May 17th at TX
May 17 : FP finished (Day 57)
June 27: e-mail approval of EAD (Day 98), and interview letter received
July 26: interview of I-148 at Houston, TX (Day 127)

Congratulations! It seems like 98 days is a long time compared to what has been posted here, but I guess every case is different. Of course that makes all of us still waiting not any less anxious.

Our AP has been approved recently.

Day 1 04/29/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 5 05/03/05 RD
Day 29 05/27/05 ND on AOS,AP,EAD I-797c
Day 33 05/31/05 Checks cashed
Day 33 05/31/05 all I-797c's received
Day 60 06/27/05 AP approved
Day 63 06/30/05 Fingerprints appointment

Congratulations nklee...from your case, one thing is clear...its very important to get the FP date that is as close as possible to the ND date. My FP date (46 days after ND) is similar to yours and I am still waiting (84 days).

Couch

Update & a Query

Folks,
Received my EAD and AP approval e-mail yesterday.

485 was 'touched' today, the update says that
"On June 29, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Is this normal (if there is anything such as normal!!) in your experience or does one get an interview letter?
Thanks!

good speculation

couch said:
Congratulations nklee...from your case, one thing is clear...its very important to get the FP date that is as close as possible to the ND date. My FP date (46 days after ND) is similar to yours and I am still waiting (84 days).

Couch

I was wondering if that could be true. People seem to be receiving the approval email for AP and EAD at the same time. I already received the AP email even before the FP appointment. So let's hope the EAD application does not get piled in a corner and forgotten if CIS is ready to review fingerprints and they are not available yet...

We'll find out soon enough.

montanagriz,

Its good that you got your AP approval. In my case, nothing has been approved nor has the case status for any of my applications changed. My AP and i-130 LUD are stuck on April 14 and my 1-765 and i-485 are stuck on my FP date. I am on my 85th day. For some wierd reason,I had received an AOS interview letter earlier even before my FP date (in mid May - which is very early for my case)...but later it was cancelled the first week of June (after I did my FP) stating unforseen circumstances. Therefoer I am thinking that FP is causing the delay in my case. I was supposed to start my job in mid June but I lost it b/c I didnt get my EAD. I have to travel home soon and I am hoping that I can atleast get my AP soon. How did you manage to get yours so early? Did you go to the office?

Couch

only speculation

Couch,

I checked your timeline, and yes, your case is moving really slowly compared to most others. As to why, I am not sure I can contribute anything. All I know is that we submitted the whole package to NBC and have been waiting since. Finally completed FP today. The email about the AP approval was a bit of a surprise to me.

One suggestion I have is that a couple of people reported that they were successful in expediting the issuing of the EAD by going to their DO with job offer in hand. I guess it would not hurt to try this. As far as expediting the AP, I think you can get an emergency AP if a real emergency exists, but that is just what I read (http://www.uslawnet.com/Englishhome/News/messages/148.htm). Good luck...

montanagriz said:
Couch,

I checked your timeline, and yes, your case is moving really slowly compared to most others. As to why, I am not sure I can contribute anything. All I know is that we submitted the whole package to NBC and have been waiting since. Finally completed FP today. The email about the AP approval was a bit of a surprise to me.

One suggestion I have is that a couple of people reported that they were successful in expediting the issuing of the EAD by going to their DO with job offer in hand. I guess it would not hurt to try this. As far as expediting the AP, I think you can get an emergency AP if a real emergency exists, but that is just what I read (http://www.uslawnet.com/Englishhome/News/messages/148.htm). Good luck...

We also submitted all the forms together also. I am trying to figure out all the reasons that may be causing my delay...here is a new one...I did my FP in an ASC in another city as I was out of town for the appointment day that i was getting for FP...i dont know if that had anything to do with the delay. Do you know anything about that? Or does anybody else know?

Receipt notices just received!!

Appl Mailed: June 14
Appl recvd: June 16
ND: June 27
Money Order cashed: June 28
DO: Los Angeles

AbyRai said:
Hey Gurus
I have a very basic question. I am ready to file I-485 package for family based petition. I know that there is LockBox facility in Chicago where I have to send all the package, but in the forms at some places it is mentioned that either I can file at INS service center or INS local loffice. I am confused what does that mean?
Could anybody answer me this question please?

Thanks
:All family based applications ( AOS, AP, EAD) must be sent to chicago lockbox

H1-B married to USC (I130, I485, I765 Filed)
Appl Mailed to Chicago Box : May 2
Appl Received by Chicago Box : May 5
Notice Dates : May 31
FP Appointment : June 14, Flew to Chicago - Small center on Broadway with little or no wait. My DC office had an appointment date of late July.
I765 Approval Email : June 28