Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

vroom said:
Hi,

I did a walk-in at Atlanta ASC and they accepted my application to process. when i called in I was given the date of April 2nd this was in Feb. but i tried the walk-in as many of my friends did the same in Atlanta, GA.
I got my Bio and FP done on Mar 2nd 2005. My case for AOS is currently updated with BIO and FP receipt status.

FYI !!
Try Walk-ins if time permits In Atlanta ASC they allow walk-in on Wednesday's at 2PM this was as of March 2nd.2005

vroom
how do we find out if our district office allows walk-ins for FP and BIO? My district is New York City.
thanks

Did you call the 1-800 number to cancel your pre-scheduled appointment(s) after the walk-in then?

Thanks.

vroom said:
Hi,

I did a walk-in at Atlanta ASC and they accepted my application to process. when i called in I was given the date of April 2nd this was in Feb. but i tried the walk-in as many of my friends did the same in Atlanta, GA.
I got my Bio and FP done on Mar 2nd 2005. My case for AOS is currently updated with BIO and FP receipt status.

FYI !!
Try Walk-ins if time permits In Atlanta ASC they allow walk-in on Wednesday's at 2PM this was as of March 2nd.2005

update

My checks were cashed today.
I fedexed my stuff 02/28, and were received in the NBC 03/01. I have not received anything in the mail yet.

SD 02/28/05
Delivery confirmation 03/01/05
checks cashed 03/24/05

bigclaw said:
Did you call the 1-800 number to cancel your pre-scheduled appointment(s) after the walk-in then?

Thanks.

NO, I did not becuase my case is already updated I had queried my Attorney if i am required to do cancell my appointment. I was told that it is not required because my case will atomatically get dropped from appointment list once the NBC receives fingerprint results. my Fp and Bio where done on March 2 and my case was updated on March 9 with USCIS at NBC.

tony28270

I live in southwestern PA, I think I need to do my paperwork at the Pittsburgh office. What about you? What is next?

update 2

I just received my NOA's dated MAR 23.

Timeline

Date sent 03/01/05
Checks cashed 03/24/05
NOA received 03/25/05
Biometics completed 03/29/05

Last edited by a moderator:
willinghope said:
Yes I did. NOA Feb 8, EAD march 28

thanks for the update willinghope!!

I have a NOA of FEB10 hopefully i will hear something about my EAD in couple of days!! :)

Hi,

My AP is approved as of March 30th 2005

My case stats are

Applied jan18th 2005
NOA feb10th 2005
Bio/FP mar2nd 2005
AP mar30th 2005
EAD ??
AOS ??

I joining to journey

Hi all,
I mailed my I-485 packet yesterday for my husband to Chicago lock box yesterday. So I am in for that long journey. I will let you know all updates on my case.
Thanks,

Checks cashed today, 4/01/05. I'm still waiting for NOA.
Have a nice weekend!

Timeline
* Applying for a Green Card through marriage to US Citizen / New York, NY

03/16/05 fedexed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
03/17/05 applications arrived in Chicago Lockbox
04/01/05 checks cashed

married to usc

hello,

my timeline ...

filed for GC on 12/10/04
RD: 12/14/04
NOA: 12/21/04
fingerprinting appt : 1/8/05
EAD card in mail: 3/4/05
RFE: was received on 19th jan my birth certificate & marriage certificate
now waiting for AOS interview..
LUD: says its going to take less than 120- 180 days. lets hope. :) indra

Hi;

I sent package to Chicago from NJ. RD 02/13/05. ND 03/02/05.

Biometrics for I765 taken 03/07/05.
Biometrics and fingerprint for I485 scheduled 04/28/05.

Received email status update today I765 approved, card is ordered and will be mailed as soon as it is ready.

I am anxious to know how many days it takes for the card to arrive from the day the case was approved. I called customer service today, and the lady told me up to 3 months???. This really confused me!

Please share your experience.

Thank you.

DC

hi,

when i received my I-765 NOA...instead of my name being as an applicant it was my husbands. so i called them and made the corrections. this was after my biometrics i.e. jan8th at that point my I485 was stamped. i had no clue of getting my I765 stamped. and on top of it i have hired a clueless attorney.
so on feb 24th i took another appt for FP. on the same day my attorney received a another corrected NOA for I765 but too late i was in hammond by then waiting for immigration officer. she was vey kind lady took me to her office showed me my case of I765 on the computer..the case was approved on the feb 8 but they had no FP or photo of mine to send the card on time.
the LUD had changed by then saying that my case has been approved and have ordered a new card. the mailed the approval on 1st march that was actually the EAD card in mail. 4th march. that was my saga of I765. right now i am waitng for my AOS.. :) indra

hi ,

to cut it short after 24th feb i.e when did my FP for I765 everything happened very quickly. like one day the LUD showed my case was approved and they ordered a new card. and on 1st march the LUD showed that the approval was sent on 1st march if i dont receive it in 14 days then i should call NBC and verify my address.

dont worry if your case has been approved. your EAD card is on its way.
good luck :) indra

reciept

bigclaw said:
applicant0205, how many of your NOAs asked you for fingerprinting? For me, both I-485 and I-765 did. The customer representative said one appointment will satisfy both requirements.

Was that the case for you too? Thanks.

BTW, I heard I-485 fingerprints were captured for all 10 fingers, and I-765 needed only one index print.

Hi i got a ? for you did they keep the reciept that they stamped when you went for your bio-fp or did they give back to you after stamping it along with the aiw cause they gave me mine by mistake and i'm thinking about returning it if they kept yours then i will return it plz respond thanks.

Same timeline

creamcheese said:
Checks cashed today, 4/01/05. I'm still waiting for NOA.
Have a nice weekend!

Timeline
* Applying for a Green Card through marriage to US Citizen / New York, NY

03/16/05 fedexed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
03/17/05 applications arrived in Chicago Lockbox
04/01/05 checks cashed

same here creamcheese all four checks cashed on 4/1/05.
Hmmm I wonder whos gonna get to the finish line 1st? ;)

gatorlink said:
same here creamcheese all four checks cashed on 4/1/05.
Hmmm I wonder whos gonna get to the finish line 1st? ;)

HAHAHA..Let's see who will get to the finish line first! :D
I'll keep you updated with my procedures.
Good luck to you!

Hi,

My EAD is approved on April 1st 2005

My case stats are

Applied jan18th 2005
NOA feb10th 2005
Bio/FP mar2nd 2005
AP mar30th 2005
EAD April 1st 2005
AOS ??