Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

BigClaw,

I Wouldn't believe that timeline. That's the same status I saw when I first applied, and my interview is scheduled almost one year after the filing date. I believe that's what status they give everyone in the same situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see....

On the I-485 NOA letter, they did ask me to schedule a fingerprint appointment though. A friend of mine said he didn't receive the fingerprint request for I-485 until several months before the interview....

Maybe this time we will be lucky... :D

bigclaw said:
Hello, any of you that recently obtained a green postal return receipt from the Chicago lockbox, did it contain a personal signature or a USCIS stamp as the signature?

I checked with the post office today; they produced a scanned signature by the name of Gary Poe? :confused:

I know we have moved on past this but I'm all excited, now the waiting begins

I got this today off the USPS website

Your item was delivered at 2:04 pm on March 17, 2005 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to INS 805887. The item was signed for by G POE.

Finally, I sent all documents to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex yesterday.
Hmm..
It was supposed to be delivered today around 10:30am, but my package is still at Local Fedex Facility in Chicago. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'll keep all my procedures posted.

Good Luck, everybody!

Timeline

* Applying for a Green Card through marriage to US Citizen

3/16/05 fedexed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox

hey creamcheese same applications as me. My local office is in jacksonville, Fl while service center is in texas. what about you

Hey Gatorlink,
our cases are very similar.
I'm a F-1 Student, as well!
My local office is in New York, NY, but I'm not sure where my service center is..

My applications arrived at Chicago Lockbox, though.
The fedex man went to the delivery address at 10:10am as the airbill indicated, but NBC office was closed!! (I can't believe that..)
So he had to go back to NBC office to deliver it after noon.

Timeline

* Applying for a Green Card through marriage to US Citizen / New York, NY

3/17/05 applications arrived in Chicago Lockbox
3/16/05 fedexed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox

I believe NY is served by the vermont service center

creamcheese said:
My applications arrived at Chicago Lockbox, though.
The fedex man went to the delivery address at 10:10am as the airbill indicated, but NBC office was closed!! (I can't believe that..)
So he had to go back to NBC office to deliver it after noon.

maybe on a coffee break....LOL

NBS or VCS?

Hi guys,

I am currently on F1, and my wife will be a USC in less than a week. We are preparing the I-(130,485,765,131) forms with all supporting documents for submission. The current SC for my state is Vermont. However, starting April 1st everything should go to Chicago.

I have a 5-day gap to make a decision. Should I send everything to VSC overnight on the day my wife is naturalized or just wait a few days and send them to Chicago? Based on your experience which one is faster/more reliable?

Thanks,
-Crusher

Time frame at Chicago Lockbox (update)

Here is an update on my application:

I-485/I-130/I-765 based on marriage to USC

Mailed 02/15/05
Arrived at Chicago 02/17/05
NOA 03/16/05

I also have a question: My current EAD based on F1/OPT expires on May 31, 2005. Based on the current processing times I am not confident that I'll get my EAD by June 1, 2005. I have a job and I really don;t want to have time off until I get the new EAD. Does anyone know if my employer can apply for H-1B now that I have already applied for AOS, i.e. immigrant status versus the non-immigrant status of H-1B? Please shate your thoughts and experience.
thanks

1-131

Hi everybody
I got married to a US citizen and sent I485,I765,I131 and I130
to Chicago lockbox on march 19th.
I need to go to my foreign country as soon as possible according to family matters.
what is the quickest way to get the advance parole? is there any chance to
get my AP from norfolk district office? if you know anything about that and
reply me I will be very glad.thank you in advance.

Crusher said:
Hi guys,

I am currently on F1, and my wife will be a USC in less than a week. We are preparing the I-(130,485,765,131) forms with all supporting documents for submission. The current SC for my state is Vermont. However, starting April 1st everything should go to Chicago.

I have a 5-day gap to make a decision. Should I send everything to VSC overnight on the day my wife is naturalized or just wait a few days and send them to Chicago? Based on your experience which one is faster/more reliable?

Thanks,
-Crusher
I would say wait for 5 days and then sendit to Chicago loack box.

applicant0205 said:
I also have a question: My current EAD based on F1/OPT expires on May 31, 2005. Based on the current processing times I am not confident that I'll get my EAD by June 1, 2005. I have a job and I really don;t want to have time off until I get the new EAD. Does anyone know if my employer can apply for H-1B now that I have already applied for AOS, i.e. immigrant status versus the non-immigrant status of H-1B? Please shate your thoughts and experience.
thanks
You can still apply for H1. Only thing is your EAD will still be faster than your H1 to be approved.

norfolk01 said:
Hi everybody
I need to go to my foreign country as soon as possible according to family matters.

Yes, you can visit your DO and show them the document stating your emergancy and if they will approve it, you will have Emergancy AP rightaway.

norfolk01 said:
Hi everybody

You can apply for emergency AP.

Below is the link from USCIS go to Expedite Requests section. It talks about the approach

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm

Finally...

Everyone,

I mailed my application on Feb 17th, it was received on 21st, and finally yesterday I received the notifications - received date Feb 21, Notice date March 18th.

I had been checking my bank account online constantly for a month, bordering on obsession :) - and I received the notice before the check showed up as cleared on my account this morning with yesterday's transaction date. Very trusting fellows at USCIS to trust my checks :D :p :)

Just made an appointment for fingerprinting and biometrics for April 15th (tht was the earliest for a center near me) at Hackensack ASC, NJ.

So for those of you still waiting, it look like it's about a month from when you sent the applications out to getting the receipt notice.

Good luck!

timeline and 90days for EAD??

it does look that it takes a month for the NOA from Chicagolockbox (see my time line)

I-485/I-130/I-765 based on marriage to USC

Mailed 02/15/05
Arrived at Chicago 02/17/05
NOA 03/16/05
FP appt 05/03/05 (the earliest date in New York City)

QUestion: what I really would like to know is what date (date the aplication arrived or the NOA date) do we use to count the 90 days that we have to get a response on the application for EAD????
thanks

applicant0205, how many of your NOAs asked you for fingerprinting? For me, both I-485 and I-765 did. The customer representative said one appointment will satisfy both requirements.

Was that the case for you too? Thanks.

BTW, I heard I-485 fingerprints were captured for all 10 fingers, and I-765 needed only one index print.

one FP appt for both NOAs

bigclaw said:
applicant0205, how many of your NOAs asked you for fingerprinting? For me, both I-485 and I-765 did. The customer representative said one appointment will satisfy both requirements.

Was that the case for you too? Thanks.

BTW, I heard I-485 fingerprints were captured for all 10 fingers, and I-765 needed only one index print.

yep only one appt for both NOAs; "make sure that you bring both NOAs for I-765 and I-485, or else they won't do both " said the lady on the phone when I made the appt.

BIO and FP

Hi,

I did a walk-in at Atlanta ASC and they accepted my application to process. when i called in I was given the date of April 2nd this was in Feb. but i tried the walk-in as many of my friends did the same in Atlanta, GA.
I got my Bio and FP done on Mar 2nd 2005. My case for AOS is currently updated with BIO and FP receipt status.

FYI !!
Try Walk-ins if time permits In Atlanta ASC they allow walk-in on Wednesday's at 2PM this was as of March 2nd.2005