Recent experience at Heathrow Airport on trip to UK

hatari999

Registered Users (C)
Hello All-

Just thought I would share my recent experience travelling on an RTD to the United Kingdom. UK has recently implemented a scanning procedure for people travelling on "non conventional passports". The person at the immigration desk asked the routine questions about how long I planned to stay in the UK, purpose of visit, return ticket etc. He then took my documents into an office in the back and asked me to have a sit in the sitting area at the other end of the room. A gentleman brought my documents out and called me to the computer. He politely explained the new procedure and proceeded to enter my information into the computer. He then took an eye scan and digital fingerprints of both index fingers. The entire process took less than 15 minutes and the officers were very polite. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks and good luck to all! :)

Wow, This must have been a new procedure. I flue to England in June with my RTD and nothing like this happened to me.

Yes, I was informed that they started this procedure on August 1st. I must have been one of the first ones to go through the scanning since they were following instructions in a manual while they were going through the steps.

hatari999 said:
Hello All-

Just thought I would share my recent experience travelling on an RTD to the United Kingdom. UK has recently implemented a scanning procedure for people travelling on "non conventional passports". The person at the immigration desk asked the routine questions about how long I planned to stay in the UK, purpose of visit, return ticket etc. He then took my documents into an office in the back and asked me to have a sit in the sitting area at the other end of the room. A gentleman brought my documents out and called me to the computer. He politely explained the new procedure and proceeded to enter my information into the computer. He then took an eye scan and digital fingerprints of both index fingers. The entire process took less than 15 minutes and the officers were very polite. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks and good luck to all! :)

Hatari999,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

I saw an article mentioned about this new procedure in January. I did not know they waited so long to actually implement it. The good thing is that British Officers are usually very polite.

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/articles_show.asp?SarticleType=1&Article_ID=4673&i=117