Recent CP Successes Card tracker

Please share your experience at the POE

I had an interview in Chennai on 18th June. In Chennai consulate, the immigration officer stapled a copy of my green card style photo to my passport. This is one of the three photos that we all submitted during the interview. I returned to US on 23rd June from JFK airport. No one at the airport took that photo and the photo is still stapled to my passport. I am wondering what is the purpose of that photo. Was someone at the airport (when fingerprinting) supposed to take that photo? Did any one have the same experience?

Thanks.

Received card today

Interview date 29th May 2002 at Mumbai
POE Atlanta
DOE 10th June 2002
Welcome letter received on 21th June 2002
Receieved the card today on 29th June 2002

My Take --- take it for what it\'s worth ....

For CP the consulate only needs two (not three) immigration style photographs -- so when you gave them 1 more than what they needed -- the Consualate officer (must have been a nice guy? returned the extra photo the best way he could -- by stapling the photo to your passport. As you know, besides the passport all you get back is the large envelope that you are not suppossed to open and give it at the POE.

The photos are extras returned to you

I had the same situation too. But commonsense dictated that those were extra photos otherwise consulate would have given us strict instructions to safely handover the photos to the officer at poe. Don\'t worry and I removed the stapled photos back in india itslef.

My interview was on june 20th and my poe was detroit on june 27th. Waiting for further information from the INS Gods. :)

Prince