Recent AOS Interview in Tampa?

flman95

Registered Users (C)
Hello there...

Have any of you gone thru the experience of AOS Interview in Tampa DO? I am due next month for my experience and wanted to know how it went and all these little bits and pieces. I appreciate you sharing here. Thank you. By the way, how much stuff is 'Enough' or 'Too much'? How many Photo Albums are necesarry to bring? In last 4.5 years that we have known and been together, we have about thousands of printed pictures and same amount in Online photo website? What about utilities...we have just the residential phone, mobile phone, car insurence policy, checking and saving accounts, credit card accounts, departmental store cards, home lease papers are some of the docs in joint names...is it enough? I have the Copies and Original Birth Certificates, last 3 yrs of Tax returns and W-2's and their copies (very much, I have two nice folders-one original copies and another the photo copies). We are thinking about bringing a back back with all heavy duty stuufs (photo albums, etc). What else..please advice. Thank you.

yes, I have all the letters from USCIS that were corresponded during the filing as well. I do not have a lawer, never consulted a lawyer, so please point some thing out if I am missing anything. I appreciate it. Thanks.

to flman95

Hi, FLMan95!

Please post your update. How did your interview go? Did you get an unconditional card?

JG

Jane;

I am sorry if I typed it wrong but my interview is on July 5th (Tuesday) which is also our second anniversary of the wedding. We have every thing already compiled, total of two sepates files, one with all the originals and other all the cpoies. We have every thing organized in order (at least we think so)! We are excited and looking forward to showing up there and getit over with. Thats what we are praying about as well. I know, you guys have answered many of my q's and we will definitely come back and share the AOS interview experience. By the way; these are the following docs that we have in our 3" binder.
1) Interview Letter
2) My SS Card
3) All of my passports including the one have my Visa (F-1)
4) I-94
5) My wife's birth certificate
6) My wife's SS card
7) My wife's US passport
8) My birth certificate
9) Our Marriage record issued by the State
10) Certificate of Completion for marriage
11) Certificate of Marriage from the Church
12) My I-131 Advance Parole
13) All the USCIS Correspondance letters, total: 8
14) Our joint lease paper
15) Certificate of Immunization
16) Sealed Medical report for USCIS
17) My wife's emp verification
18) My emp verification
19) Both of ours last three months pay stubs ( including the current ones till the interview time)
20) Receipt of vacations we have taken; airline tickets, hotel bills, etc.
21) Joint medical insurances and other insurances
22)Total of 4 joint financial accounts (savings, checking, investments, etc)
23) Utility bill (Phone Bill,electricity, etc)
24) Personal letters written to my wife by my family members
25) Last 3yrs of tax returns and w-2's-both of ours
26) Car insurance - joint
27) Our wedding invitations, the complete package
28) Some of the recent checks signed by both of us (copies from the bank website)
29) Certificates of my Diplomas ( prove that I did finish my education under a valid F-1 status)
30)Picture of ours (Dating, engagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding, honey moon, several trips to places)
31) My graduation pictures
32) Our wedding guest book

Is it enough? Are we missing any thing?? Please let me know. Thanks again!!
24)
14)

#2 should be yours and your wife’s Florida driver’s licenses.
Everything else….WOW! You are definitely very well prepared and have nothing to worry about. :D
Good luck again!
Jane.

Thank you Jane...yes, we both do have Florida Driving licenses as well along with the copies. And, also I am thinking about getting some 3-4 copies of the USCIS standard color pictures just in case it is required. Please advice if that is required. Again, yes, thank you very much!

you don’t have to bring extra pictures unless you don’t have a valid passport to stamp, then they will issue a temporary I-94 card to you with your picture on it and the stamp. You will need two pictures for this.
Also, if you didn’t have your biometrics done lately (digital photo), or if your appearance changed a lot in the last two years – you might need those extra photos.
Other then that you don’t have to bring them, but if you already have them – you might as well take them with you, just in case – you’ll never know with those INS people….
Also – you might want to bring some extra pictures of you and your wife, if you have spare, to leave there.
I read some comments on this board that sometimes, during an interview they (officers) just take one or two pictures of the interviewed couple pictured together out of their wedding album and staple to the case file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey flman95 , good luck, but seems like you have everything you need. I'm in Detroit and our intw is on July 12, so please let us know how your intw went. Also one question.. I noticed that you have your sealed medical report with you. Do you need to get this again? I had gotten one when I applied for my 485 and have already sent this one. So I don't have another one. Do I need to get another medical done?
Another question is about Conditional Status -- I don't quite understand that. Does INS issue conditional if your marraige is less than 2 yrs? Our 2nd anniv. is in Sept and my intw is in July, so I am assuming I would be under conditional status, is that correct?
Well good luck and thanks in advance.

Snalion,
Thank you for reading the thread. I did my medical this year in May 9th. So, this is pretty fresh report. I have heard that if your medical report is one year and older on the day of the interview, it is considered 'ineligible'. Please correct me if I am wrong. On my research, I was suggested that I wait till I hear for the Interview date so that it is pretty current. So, in your case, if it more then a year old, consider retaking the medical test with the approved USCIS medical professionals.

Jane,
Thank you again!! Yes, my last Biometrics was taken on 03-04-2005 for renewal of my I-765 [EAD] and for I-131 [Advance Parole]. So, I am sure I would not need pictures.
Question: How the name checking process works and how many have to wait to get approval before they have the Name check done? I know you have posted the sample letter to write to FBI to inquire about it...but I have not thought about doing it. Well, each day we are more prepared and adding new Bills and what ever applies towards the folder.

Thank you all and I am looking forward to hearing from you...and for the Big day!!

Cheers!!!
:)

flman95 said:
Jane,
Thank you again!! Yes, my last Biometrics was taken on 03-04-2005 for renewal of my I-765 [EAD] and for I-131 [Advance Parole]. So, I am sure I would not need pictures.
Question: How the name checking process works and how many have to wait to get approval before they have the Name check done? I know you have posted the sample letter to write to FBI to inquire about it...but I have not thought about doing it. Well, each day we are more prepared and adding new Bills and what ever applies towards the folder.

Thank you all and I am looking forward to hearing from you...and for the Big day!!

Cheers!!!
:)

Ideally your name check should be completed by the time they ready to schedule your interview. However, there are too many people on this board already passed the interview, but still waiting for the FBI clearance. :eek:
The good news (for you and for me) is that I haven’t heard anybody coming back from the Tampa office and still waiting for that name check.
Last summer my friend went to the family based interview there, she passed and received her GC in a mail in 6 weeks. There was also another person on this board, who went to the Tampa DO for the interview two months ago, successfully passed and posted his experience. He said nothing about pending name check, meaning– it was all done.
So, and I’m just guessing here – since Tampa takes almost two years to adjust I-485 applications, they have plenty of time to complete the name check.
You are pretty much prepared for your interview and I hope it all works out perfectly for you (and for me next). :)
I did my fingerprints shortly after getting my receipt and just like you I didn’t submit my medical with the application. I had all necessary for the Immigration shots done here in FL, but I’ll wait for the interview date to go to see the doctor.
I’m going to Europe for about a month. Talk to you later!
Jane

Interview experience!

you have everything in order and do not appear to have anything to worry about.
I had my AOS interview yesterday not in Tampa but in Salt Lake UT. The interview lasted 10 minutes and was conducted very professionally by the officer. he was not at all intimidating as previously experienced when being finger printed in Las Vegas! We had all the information that you have collated and the only documents he wanted to see were our joint US bank accounts. He did not ask any questions about our marriage other than the year that we first met and why my husband was in the UK at the time. He approved it there and then and said my GC will be in the post within the next 2 weeks. When I arrived home that evening I had an email confirming that the application had been approved. The whole process for me from the filing to the approval has taken 3 months. I cannot fault the process and the way that it was dealt with, however I do appreciate that not all applications are straightforward. If your marriage is genuine and not for the sole purpose of obtaining a GC then you have nothing at all to worry about.
Good luck !!
flman95 said:
Jane;

I am sorry if I typed it wrong but my interview is on July 5th (Tuesday) which is also our second anniversary of the wedding. We have every thing already compiled, total of two sepates files, one with all the originals and other all the cpoies. We have every thing organized in order (at least we think so)! We are excited and looking forward to showing up there and getit over with. Thats what we are praying about as well. I know, you guys have answered many of my q's and we will definitely come back and share the AOS interview experience. By the way; these are the following docs that we have in our 3" binder.
1) Interview Letter
2) My SS Card
3) All of my passports including the one have my Visa (F-1)
4) I-94
5) My wife's birth certificate
6) My wife's SS card
7) My wife's US passport
8) My birth certificate
9) Our Marriage record issued by the State
10) Certificate of Completion for marriage
11) Certificate of Marriage from the Church
12) My I-131 Advance Parole
13) All the USCIS Correspondance letters, total: 8
14) Our joint lease paper
15) Certificate of Immunization
16) Sealed Medical report for USCIS
17) My wife's emp verification
18) My emp verification
19) Both of ours last three months pay stubs ( including the current ones till the interview time)
20) Receipt of vacations we have taken; airline tickets, hotel bills, etc.
21) Joint medical insurances and other insurances
22)Total of 4 joint financial accounts (savings, checking, investments, etc)
23) Utility bill (Phone Bill,electricity, etc)
24) Personal letters written to my wife by my family members
25) Last 3yrs of tax returns and w-2's-both of ours
26) Car insurance - joint
27) Our wedding invitations, the complete package
28) Some of the recent checks signed by both of us (copies from the bank website)
29) Certificates of my Diplomas ( prove that I did finish my education under a valid F-1 status)
30)Picture of ours (Dating, engagement, rehearsal dinner, wedding, honey moon, several trips to places)
31) My graduation pictures
32) Our wedding guest book

Is it enough? Are we missing any thing?? Please let me know. Thanks again!!
24)
14)

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience that you had yesterday. You must be very relieved to say at least. I congratulate you. Yes, I am not worried or nervous at all. I am just very eager to get it over it and move on. I am very excited about it and looking forward for July 5th. By the way, do I have to have Life Insurance and my wife as a beneficiary? I personally dont think so...but, again, what do I know, right? Please advice...!! Thanks.

Jane:

Have fun in Europe and come back safe. Thank you for your time to share more of your experience.

Ms.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouraging me.

Take care;

Conditional Status

Snalion ---Yes, assuming your application is successful in jULY then you will receive a Conditional GC . The officer that interviewed me fully explained getting the conditions lifted not less than 90 days before the GC expires as if you fail to do this then you will have to go through the whole process again from the begining!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Recent Tampa AOS interview experience?

Hey guys:

Any Recent Tampa AOS interview experience? If you have any, please share your overall experience. How long did it take for the entire process, what about the name check, conditional or unconditional, what evidence/s were asked to show...etc. I appreciate a lot for your time to share with us. I am sure we all will benefit from your recent experience. Thank you in advance.

Melanie:

Thank you for your sharing your experience. I wish you all the best in the future and if you have any thing else to share please always feel free to share in this thread. Thank you.

AOS Interview Question

Hello, I'm posting this here too since this seems to be a more active thread, so hoping someone would answer :) I have my AOS interview (through marraige) in July in Detroit. One of the requested papers to bring along is spouse's(US Citizen) employment letter and paystubs. Now my spouse recently joined another company and will be starting in the first week of July. Since the interview is in the second week of July, she will not have any paystubs from her new company. Will that be a problem? Any advice, or help would be appreciated.
Thank you

melaniee said:
you have everything in order and do not appear to have anything to worry about.
I had my AOS interview yesterday not in Tampa but in Salt Lake UT. The interview lasted 10 minutes and was conducted very professionally by the officer. he was not at all intimidating as previously experienced when being finger printed in Las Vegas! We had all the information that you have collated and the only documents he wanted to see were our joint US bank accounts. He did not ask any questions about our marriage other than the year that we first met and why my husband was in the UK at the time. He approved it there and then and said my GC will be in the post within the next 2 weeks. When I arrived home that evening I had an email confirming that the application had been approved. The whole process for me from the filing to the approval has taken 3 months. I cannot fault the process and the way that it was dealt with, however I do appreciate that not all applications are straightforward. If your marriage is genuine and not for the sole purpose of obtaining a GC then you have nothing at all to worry about.
Good luck !!

Hi Melaniee, Just curiious.. when did you do your medical? Had you sent it in with your I485 or you waited till your interview date?

You spouse should receive an employment letter from the new company stating the salary and date to start. I would bring the letter with me.

snalion said:
Hi Melaniee, Just curiious.. when did you do your medical? Had you sent it in with your I485 or you waited till your interview date?
Hi
My medical was sent in with all my applications in March 05. However, when you get the interview letter it does state that you are to bring your medical with you unless previously submitted. So I guess from that it is okay to take it with you at interview stage.

melaniee said:
Hi
My medical was sent in with all my applications in March 05. However, when you get the interview letter it does state that you are to bring your medical with you unless previously submitted. So I guess from that it is okay to take it with you at interview stage.

Just a quick question Melaniee - was your application receipt number with a MSC prefix?