Received Welcome Notice from VSC.

pgreencard

Registered Users (C)
I got a welcome notice letter from VSC.

My case was transferred to boston INS. I was interviewed on april 29th 2003. My husband's case was already approved. But he changed the employer after he got the green card. So Immigration officer said that since my husband changed the employer after his green card, she said that she is putting my case in hold and said you will get the response through postal mail.On 2nd july I wrote a letter to Senator Kennedy's office. In that letter I asked to update me my case status. On 10th july I got phone call from senator office saying that My case has been approved on June 5th 2003 and my file has send to Vermont for permanent resident card to made up. And the senator office also said that will take 3 to 6months. My Ead card expires in 2months.
So I called the IIO and the attroney, they both said that since my case is approved I can go and get the stamping in the Passport.
I went to boston INS 15th july 2003. The immigration officer said that my case is send to Vermont but the computer shows it is not approved. So he didnt stamped me.
I called Senator office and they said that they cant do anything, I have to wait for the INS letter to come.
Yesterday I received WELCOME NOTICE FROM VSC.
Now I will type the welcome notice letter which I got from VSC.
WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMRICA
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.
Your new permanent resident status has been registered. At the top of this notice you will see a very important number. That is your INS A# (A number). IT is permanent resident account and file number. This permanent account number is very important to you. You will need it whenever you conatact us.
We will soon mail you a new PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD. You should receive it within the next 3weeks. You can use it to show your new status.
Please call us at 800 375 5283 if you any questions.
Once again, welcome to the United States and congratulations on your permanent resident status.

This is what they have in that letter. I know I have typed a very long message. Please dont mistake me. I just thought to share my experience of what all happened to get my GC. I am very happy. Good luck for all GC waiting holders.
Thank you

Congrats. Quite a story!!!(sorry reality).
We can make a movie with this story(joking, again).
Anyway Hearty Congratulations. . .
Wish us good luck.

pgreencard,

Thanks for posting it! At least now we all know how pleasant it is.

Best of luck to you!

Now my case is I-181. It is not I-485. My EAC number is also different now. Boston INS collected I-485 from Vermont and changed my file to I-181 and send it back to Vermont. The boston INS collected my index fingure print and two signatures when I went to Boston INS for interview. I will call IIO today to confirm it.
Thanks

Congratulations!

Originally posted by pgreencard
Now my case is I-181. It is not I-485. My EAC number is also different now. Boston INS collected I-485 from Vermont and changed my file to I-181 and send it back to Vermont. The boston INS collected my index fingure print and two signatures when I went to Boston INS for interview. I will call IIO today to confirm it.
Thanks
Well I was wondering about the 'Welcome letter' to an adult as well. But looks like they already collected your FP & photos. So nothing to worry aout. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Congratulations...Please frame this letter and hang this on to a wall in your living. This accompolishment is no small one. PLUS..you are among few to get this welcome letter. May be big a one is in-line after you get your citizenship :D

-------------------------------

LONG LIVE VT CENTER!
LONG LIVE IIOS!
LONG LIVE BCIS!!

Congrats

Congrats.Did BCIS says anything about changing the job once we get GC.(Right or wrong).How many months did your husband wait to transfer his job once he received the GC.

Thanks

Thanks. Immigration officer said that my husband changed the employer. He should work with the employer who sponsered the GC. Since he didnt do it, she said that she is putting my case in hold. Actually my husband didnt change the employer he was terminated from his job. Then he looked for the another employment. In the interview we were trying to explain her but she didnt even bother to listen.My attroney said that atleast 6months gc holder should work with the sponsoring employer.
Since we had the termination letter with us, the attroney said we will be ok.

pgreencard:

Congratulations!!!!

I've done my interview in Boston at April, 28 2003. I did not hear a word from them since that if do not count my useless trip to Boston in hope to find the reason for delay.

Would you please tell me the the contact information of Senator Kennedy's office ? I think it's time to write a letter...

Thanks,
YLB2
------------------------------------
EB2
EAC-02-037-5****
PD 06/01/2000
RD 09/18/2001
ND 11/14/2001
EAD1 12/05/2001
FP 01/22/2002
TD 07/31/2002
ID1 01/06/2003