Received SR (06/28/2007) reply from TSC

was hoping the same

till the letter arrived today. Besides hearing the TSC IO and Infopass tell me that all is clear, I have a rather unique, non-controversial name, with nothing that should raise flags (or so I think)...

Taking infopass for tomorrow to see what I can find out

istrategist.. I always thought you would get your approval mails very soon seeing the pattern on your case.. Now you got this...Ouuuchh...

You know what, hopefully all these SR replies don't mean anything (I hope).. If Infopass and TSC told its cleared, may be it is cleared...Good luck and ignore this SR reply...

Even after I received my SR reply , I spoke to a TSC IIO and she told me that, my case looks good for some one to see and asked to wait till Oct. No mentioning about any extended reviews...But my lawyer said, the msg looks like FBI name check delay...God knows what..

Hope we all get out soon...

I just received a reply for SR initiated MAY 18, letter dated Aug 1, blaming background check - and infopass, TSC both have told me numerous times that all checks were clear.

So I guess I'm screwed for now

Hi istrategist ,

sorry to hear that u r in same boat(confusion boat) as me and others.
my emp told me that 3 others in the comp have same problem.

SR response

Guy's
i opend SR in July and got response today saying

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 to 90 days contact customer service 1-800-............
"
what does this mean? is my name check or background check is pending ?
please share your exp.

PD: June 2002,
RD: I485: may 2004
FP2: 05/05/07
LUD 485: 05/08/07

Guy's
i opend SR in July and got response today saying

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 to 90 days contact customer service 1-800-............
"
what does this mean? is my name check or background check is pending ?
please share your exp.

PD: June 2002,
RD: I485: may 2004
FP2: 05/05/07
LUD 485: 05/08/07

Hi satyshu

may be your name check etc are clear or else u would have got like the one i got.. background check remains open blah..blah...

one more twist

so I was out at 11:30 pm EST when I got cellphone alerts that USCIS had sent me email on status update. Took a nerve wrenching few minutes for me to go page by page (fingers crossed, knot in my back) till I found it was an LUD for some document returned to USCIS as undeliverable.

<CURSE WARNING BEGIN>
WTF is wrong with these *******s? I updated my address 2 years ago, got confirmation at the new address. Got VSC - TSC transfer notice to my new address in March. TSC IO, Infopass, and 1800# all confirmed that they have my correct current mailing address on file. Then I found out in July that my FP notice was sent to my previous address and returned - got that re-sent. And these stupid idiots send *something* to an address that I changed 24 months ago? That's not right...
<CURSE WARNING END> - actually toned down this message before hitting the submit button

So after an ENTIRE month of not calling TSC IO or 1800#, they are forcing me to call tomorrow.

Hi istrategist ,

sorry to hear that u r in same boat(confusion boat) as me and others.
my emp told me that 3 others in the comp have same problem.

Reply to my SR

I opened SR with USCIS a month ago and I got reply today that "we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time". What is the meaning of additional review???

Everybody,

I am seeing that now there are many applicants who have got this reply from USCIS for their pending I-485's:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 to 90 days contact customer service 1-800-375-5283".

It is apparent that something is amiss when so many cases are being held up and PD's which are more then 2 yrs later are getting approved. USCIS is just attempting to silence the info-seekers by throwing the net wide upon by quoting "additional review" and asking everybody to contact after 180 days.

This is a vicious cycle.The USCIS quotes "additional review" when the dates are current and does not adjudicate the cases,and when the Dates have retrogressed they no longer work on these "additional review" cases.
With the Upcoming Retrogression (EB3 India to may 2001) we are going to be waiting much more then the 180 days .

So shoudlnt there be a SYSTEMATIC ATTEMPT in getting USCIS to clearify when one can expect the "additional review " to be complete or at the very least what constitutes a "addional review"?

Ways this can be done is through:

a. A AILA Query.
b. Contacting the Ombudsman.(Specifically making him aware how Retrogressed cases are specially hit by the double whammy of "additional review" and
Retrogression).

C Make a attempt to have the Congressmen/Senators ask the USCIS to specifically clearify this "additional review" mess.

Its time to get Pro-active( not just pro-active but hyper-active) and try to make everybody aware of our plight due to this additional review mess.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Card production ordered

Friends,

I am happy share the news that I got email from CRIS today that 'card production ordered' for me and my wife.

Good luck to every one.

My case details are

TSC, PD June 2001, Eb3, India.

Hi hello friends
I am happy share the news that I got email from CRIS today welcome permanent Resident ' for me and my wife.

thanks

Friends,

I am happy share the news that I got email from CRIS today that 'card production ordered' for me and my wife.

Good luck to every one.

My case details are

TSC, PD June 2001, Eb3, India.

Oh! long journey finally over!

Njoy the freedom.