received RFE, Please help, gurus

Registered Users (C)
Received RFE, please help, gurus, thanks

Received the fax from my lawyer.
For me:
1. Federal income tax, including all schedules and form w-2 or 1099 for last 2 years.
What does all schedules mean? Should I submit all the documents I submitted to IRS to INS or they only need W-2?
2. original letter on company letterhead from current employer stating date of hire, duties, remuneration, and prospect for continued employment.
What does prospect for continued employment mean? Must “permanent” appear in the letter? Can “indefinite” be a substitute? When I do the I140 (EB2, outstanding researcher), my boss provided the job offer letter. But now I have some problems with him. The human resources (HR) personnel can provide an employment verification letter. But they will not put “permanent” in the letter, I am not sure if they would put “indefinite” in the letter. If not, can the letter just provide information regarding date of hire, salary, work in cardiology department? Can the letter ignore the “prospect for continued employment”. Regarding the duties, can the letter just say a senior research associate in department of cardiology?
For my wife:
1. an original letter of employment (stating prospect for continued employment and salary), or
2. a form I-134 completed by your financial sponsor for which your sponsor must comply with the instructions of the form, or
3. other evidence (bank letters, etc.)
4. complete medical report because of not TB due to pregnancy at that time.
For #4, I can understand it.
But for 1-3, I do not what do they mean? Did the lawyer do something wrong about our case?
Finally, our FP is 06/22/02.
Is it possible that I will be notified by 2nd FP?

Best regards for your input
Bless everybody in this forum.

what is your EAC number

your finger print has not expired yet, you won't receive 2nd FP notice, at least now

I am really surprised that both you and your spouse got employment rfe. If you are the primary, then why did she get the employment rfe?

As for the #4 for your wife - was she not able to take the skin test/x-ray becasue she was pregnant?

That might be the reason she got this rfe!

Originally posted by 999999
Received RFE, please help, gurus, thanks

Received the fax from my lawyer.
For me:
1. Federal income tax, including all schedules and form w-2 or 1099 for last 2 years.
What does all schedules mean? Should I submit all the documents I submitted to IRS to INS or they only need W-2?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schedules: Any other form that you have filled in: For example Itemized Items, property etc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. original letter on company letterhead from current employer stating date of hire, duties, remuneration, and prospect for continued employment.
What does prospect for continued employment mean? Must “permanent” appear in the letter? Can “indefinite” be a substitute? When I do the I140 (EB2, outstanding researcher), my boss provided the job offer letter. But now I have some problems with him. The human resources (HR) personnel can provide an employment verification letter. But they will not put “permanent” in the letter, I am not sure if they would put “indefinite” in the letter. If not, can the letter just provide information regarding date of hire, salary, work in cardiology department? Can the letter ignore the “prospect for continued employment”. Regarding the duties, can the letter just say a senior research associate in department of cardiology?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green Card is for your future job, so they want to see an "intent" letter from the employer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my wife:
1. an original letter of employment (stating prospect for continued employment and salary), or
2. a form I-134 completed by your financial sponsor for which your sponsor must comply with the instructions of the form, or
3. other evidence (bank letters, etc.)
BCIS wants to see whether you can support your wife or not...interesting
just give your Bank statement

4. complete medical report because of not TB due to pregnancy at that time.
For #4, I can understand it.
But for 1-3, I do not what do they mean? Did the lawyer do something wrong about our case?
Finally, our FP is 06/22/02.
Is it possible that I will be notified by 2nd FP?

Best regards for your input
Bless everybody in this forum.

thanks for reply

Dengdeng,
EAC02076-----.
Would you like to give me some suggestions on all the questions.
Thanks a lot.
If convenient, w u like to send me your email?
I know you are dengdeng, but I really hope you BCIS "kuai dian", so you will be "gao xing".
THanks.

To samjoy:
Yes, my wife is pregnant and she did not have skin test and x-ray.
I also do not understand #1-3.
Also, from 1 to 3, they use "or"
Please clarify

My understanding

To my understanding, this is not a big deal. Looks like you did not provide enough information regarding sponsering your wife when you file I-485. All information is related to this sponsering issue. Your wife could not get green card unless she got the financial support from you. You need to give out tax form, employment letter as well as maybe bank statements and a certain INS form. Otherwise she has to prove that she has income to cover herself if your income is not enough. That is why those document required, I guess.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
to Jaic

Hi, jaic:
Thanks a lot for your information.
For the employment letter, how to make the "intent", must "permanent" or "indefinite"be in the letter or they can just say the employment is continued for at lease 1 year.
Thanks.