Received receipts but online status show as case status retreival failed

panjan04

Registered Users (C)
My 485/EAD/AP filed on Aug 13th and I received original receipts in hand.
Receipt date: 08/13/2007
Notice date : 09/24/2007

Today for first time, I checked online status and it shows as case status retreival failed.

Also I see that A# on I140 approval and A# numbers 485/EAD/AP receipts are different.

Did anybody experienced this?

Am I in trouble,

Thanks

I am in the same situation as well....the website is saying that my case # is invalid. But lawyer said not to worry; they are just slow getting things into the system. Today, I received my fingerprints notice.

USCIS Case Status Online has been very flacky lately. I've experienced the same issue, but eventually it got rectified. Give it a week or so, it should be fine. If you get paranoid, call into USCIS and they will be able to tell you the status.

As for different A#s on 140 and 485, I had that experience too. When I called USCIS, the Tier II technician told me that the A#s will be consolidated by a different department/officer and the ones that you have with 485 will be the final one that you should be using to track your case.

This is predominantly because there are lots of 140s that are approved and were not provided with an A#.

finger print appointment

Thanks Nervewreck.

We have received FP (biometric) appointment.

Rceipts are still not found in online tracking system.

Will wait for some more time before calling USCIS.

USCIS Case Status Online has been very flacky lately. I've experienced the same issue, but eventually it got rectified. Give it a week or so, it should be fine. If you get paranoid, call into USCIS and they will be able to tell you the status.

As for different A#s on 140 and 485, I had that experience too. When I called USCIS, the Tier II technician told me that the A#s will be consolidated by a different department/officer and the ones that you have with 485 will be the final one that you should be using to track your case.

This is predominantly because there are lots of 140s that are approved and were not provided with an A#.

Hi Nervewreck, Thanks for the support. I have a question with regards to your reply above. What can we track using the A#s? Please pardon my ignorance, I am very new to the 485...

International travel and H1B visa stamping

I have appointment in this month for H1b visa stamping in Canada. I was wondering, if I can travel in the situation that the receipt is not found in online tracking system.

Is it advisable?

Hi Nervewreck, Thanks for the support. I have a question with regards to your reply above. What can we track using the A#s? Please pardon my ignorance, I am very new to the 485...

A#s are used in conjuncture with the receipt numbers to track the progress of your 485. It is supposed to be a unique number by which they can track the file of an individual candidate.

Theoretically they are not supposed to issue multiple A#s to one individual. So, when that happens, they consolidate the files to track a person file, using just one.

Also when you call into USCIS, if they are not able to retrieve the case based on your receipt number, the next question they ask is to provide the A# if available.

I have appointment in this month for H1b visa stamping in Canada. I was wondering, if I can travel in the situation that the receipt is not found in online tracking system.

Is it advisable?

Practically, you can still use your H1 status for travel. Especially since you are going for stamping, H1 is the status that you 'intend' to use, more than anything else. Refrain from using your 'AOS Pending' status. As you might be well aware with usual immi officer's questions....maintain 'Dont ask Dont tell' policy, and you should be fine.

Since 485 process is mutually exclusive from H1 status, you should be fine to go to Canada for stamping.

A#s are used in conjuncture with the receipt numbers to track the progress of your 485. It is supposed to be a unique number by which they can track the file of an individual candidate.

Theoretically they are not supposed to issue multiple A#s to one individual. So, when that happens, they consolidate the files to track a person file, using just one.

Also when you call into USCIS, if they are not able to retrieve the case based on your receipt number, the next question they ask is to provide the A# if available.

Oh.. Got it. Thank you.

USCIS updated the FAQ with this issue...

Q : I have received my receipt notice, but when I check my case online it does not appear. How do I get my case added to the system, so I can check on the progress of my case? NEW

We have had an unprecedented number of applications filed in the last few months. Our efforts to enter these applications into our systems have caused a delay in the transfer of information from our case control system to the Case Status Online system. We are seeing delays of up to three to four weeks between receipting of your application and its status being available online. We are reviewing solutions to resolve the situation as soon as possible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Ead ?

Has any one got EAD before on-line status issue being resolved ? I am concerned that system issue will delay the EAD processing.

received EAD cards today

We have received FP notice.
We have revceived EAD cards today.
I checked the status online again.
Only EAD status shows up.
485 and AP still do not show up online.