Received Plastic. End of an ordeal

radmen

Banned
Phew!!!!!
Old timers would remember my tireless rant about all my peeves about the slowing of the application due to lousy ass minor errors (causing immense amount of frustration and painful delays in the 485 process).
Glad to announce that we just received the plastic cards (FINALLY!!!!) in today's mail (AVM changed on last tuesday and said that the cards were ordered on 10th Dec. This took exactly 6 weeks and one day after getting our PP stamped - Oct. 28th. Incidentally the 485 approval was on 9th Oct. and we got it by snail mail on 26th. Meanwhile EAD extension got approved on 12th October after the GC was granted. Gee I wonder why? Maybe my donations of EAD extension fees were required for the upgrade of the systems.).
End of a long seemingly never ending saga has drawn close to a good ending and am grateful to all my lucky stars and the benevolent Almighty.
Good luck to y'all who are waiting for your turn.
GOD BLESS.
:)

Question for you Radmen...

Congratulations for getting thru this ordeal!

Questions:

1. Do you have to fill-out any forms for the PP stamping at the INS?

2. Do you have to order the plastic cards separately or when you go for PP stamping they are ordered automatically?

3. What is the date effective of your Permanent Resident Status on the plastic cards - the day you were approved/the day you got stamped or the day cards were printed/mailed out?

4. Do you think the 5 years wait for citizenship begins from the date effective on the card?

Thanks,

Replies to queries

To Ashsrikar :- Got my PP stamped at the local INS office in downtown Hartford, CT.

To RD_Sep27 :-

1. Do you have to fill-out any forms for the PP stamping at the INS?

No. But you have to sign and get you Finger prints on the form that they would supply. Please remember to carry two photographs as per INS specification and write your Name and A# with pencil behind them (some INS offices like Hartford do have provisions for taking photos too. Please check with your local office).

2. Do you have to order the plastic cards separately or when you go for PP stamping they are ordered automatically?

No. You don't have to do a thing. It is taken care of automatically by INS once your PP has been stamped. Usual wait time is 4 to 6 weeks for receiving the plastic card from the time of stamping.

3. What is the date effective of your Permanent Resident Status on the plastic cards - the day you were approved/the day you got stamped or the day cards were printed/mailed out?

The validity of the card is for 10 years from the date it was ordered (in my case on Dec. 10th and extends to Dec. 10th 2012)
and would mention that you are a resident since the day your I-485 application was approved (in my case Oct. 9th 2002).

4. Do you think the 5 years wait for citizenship begins from the date effective on the card?
As far as I am aware it is from the date of your 485 approval.

I suggest that you double verify with your attorney and an IIO.

Thanks for the support guys.
Good Luck and GOD BLESS.
Happy Holidays.

VSC/EB3, PD 06/99, RD 08/27/01, ND 10/17/01, AP recd, FP 01/15/2002, RFE 07/09/2002 replied on 25th July 2002, AD 9th October 2002, PP stamping 10/28/2002 at Hartford, Plastic card received 12/16/2002.

You are welcome pal.

Thanks for the gracious comments RD_Sept27 and Good Luck to you.
Have a great Holiday season.