Received plastic card .

Greenie1

Registered Users (C)
Achiever, if you are around, I received my plastic card in the mail today. Quite a surprise as the approval letter said it would take upto 6 months.

Question for Greenie1

hi!
congratulations..when did u get approved??I searched thru ur posts,but dint find the one with ur approval..just to gauge how long it took u to get ur plastic cards
thanks
once again,congratulations

Re: Question for Greenie1

His AD - 7/12/02 according to data in rupnet.

Originally posted by Jack Hannah
hi!
congratulations..when did u get approved??I searched thru ur posts,but dint find the one with ur approval..just to gauge how long it took u to get ur plastic cards
thanks
once again,congratulations

NSC?

I've friends from VSC living in NJ area got their plastic cards within few weeks after their 485 approvals recently...is this NSC are we talking about?

Could it be because yours was transferred to local office?

One of my friend who had interview in Milwaukee Office got her green card within 3 weeks.

I didnt get it and mine was approved in June. (I dont care much for the card anyway) but one of my other friend who got approved about 15 months back also didnt get it. All from NSC!

I called INS several times they told me my plastic card was pending. My passport was stamped on Oct. 2001. Today I called again. The girl told me they have not received my document (fingerprint, photos, and form) from the local office where my passport was stamped. They asked me to go to the local office to do that again. Maybe the local office do forget to sent my file to NSC (it is hard to believe). Maybe that is the way INS is using to get more time for themselve. Anyone who have been waiting long for their plastic card may want to call INS to make sure they get your document from you local INS where you stamped.

This is just my guess. Does anyone have different opinion?

Plastic card

Jack, I posted my approval on this board around the 13th of July or so. I was approved on the 12th of July (had an interview). Got the approval letter on the 18th of July. Got my permanent card on the 8th of August (yesterday). Was quick, I must say. Other pertinent details:
RD: 02/01
ND: 03/01
FP: 02/02
AD: 07/02

Good luck, bro!

Plastic card

My service centre, by the way, was NSC. Could be that local transfers get their plastic cards earlier.

hmm..

that might be the case then. Data for plastic cards with Local Transfer cases must be sent expeditiously for some reason. Oh well...there's always something to complain about!!