Received Plastic Card - question on date

ndny

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
For those that have received the plastic cards -- does the 'Permanent Resident Since' date match with reality?

In my case, it says 'since 9/1999' when i hadn't even applied for permanent residency. Should I apply for changing the date OR is it inconsequential.

Also, given that it says 9/1999 can we apply for naturalization?

Thanks

- My case was xferred sep 3 to SJ from Vermont
- Had interview Oct 27
- Card mailed nov 18
and received it nov 24

thanks

While I do not know if this is seriuos issue or not, I would certainly not advise you to apply for citenzenship. This could be considered as fraud and could put your GC is trouble.

Consult with a good lawyer whether it is an issue to worry about, or call / take an appointnent at USCIS.

ok, seriosuly talking, I agree with setra, I think they counted from your labor filing date, for some reason, may be you must talk to attorny or may be get and infoview appointment and tlk to immigration folks, whatever is the appropriete way.

I apologize to throw that joke out there about citizenship, i take it back. : :(

The date usually refers to your priority date

if you have been resident here for the process.

my 2cents. I would ask some lawyer in their free weekly chats etc. to confirm.

"Resident Since date"

No. The "resident since" date is the date of the I-485 approval. Any other date is erroneous and should be corrected.

Scottfla said:
No. The "resident since" date is the date of the I-485 approval. Any other date is erroneous and should be corrected.
That makes sense. Just by filing labor we don't become resident :D

ndny

ndny, what was your Labor approval date. Was the labor in your name or was it substitution. I have seen few similar posts like this on the forum. Just trying to understand if this date is coming from Labor or is just an error. Thanks.

was an EB-1 case -- however back in 1999 i had applied just for O-1 and applied I-140 in 2001. so im not betting anything on this date - was curious if i needed to 'correct' it and go back thru the hoops of dealing with USCIS

MD_Rockville said:
That makes sense. Just by filing labor we don't become resident :D

In fact, labor is not specific to employee. Labor is filed by employer for specific position. And an approved labor can be used for any employee/non-employee/future employee who is eligible for that position.