Received Plastic card!! POE-SFO, DOE-11/30

trishul

Registered Users (C)
Got the card in mail in about a month after DOE !! My wife also got a welcome notice from the INS and should receive her card within the next few days!! So the end of the process was also quite quick for us ! Our PD is March 19th 2001!!!! 10 months 12 days to receive the card in hand in EB3 and in Cal .. cant get any luckier than that!!

Although had a question .. our passports were stamped with IV# from the immigrant visa as the A# .. while the card shows the A# from the immigrant visa as the A# .. My guess is that if I show the card, hopefully nobody will bother to look at the I 551 stamp (which has the wrong A#) ..
Do I need to take any corrective measures to correct the mistake on the I551 stamp .. or can I safely ignore it?

thanks. and best of luck for all the guys waiting for the card ..

-trishul

Congratulations trishul.....I have a question...

I don\'t think it will matter that you have IV number in your passport instead of Alien number (now that you have received your card).

Could you please let me know if you received the card at your home or the employer received it? In my case, the immigrant visa that we got after CP had employer address on it (not my home address). Does it mean that the cards will be mailed to that address? What address did you have on your immigrant visa?

Thanks.

Can we, after POE thru CP, inquire on the status of the Plastic card

Is there a hotline number that can be called and checked to see against your A#, how far is the Plastic card process has reached ..

ya--it will be send to your employer

You should have changed the address at POE.

I gave my uncles\'s address during POE to the immigration officer.

In contrast...

... I fell into one of the troublesome periods in GC processing
(i.e 1996-2000) when things were crazy. I have multiple US patents,
worked for several US companies for 8 years and contributed ~200K in
taxes but hey look at what I went through, thanks to the fickle-minded
INS:

- Labor July 1997
- I140 June 1998
- I140 rejected May 1999 (BS + 5 years "progressive" shit)

- I140 approved after B.A.L lawsuit: June 2000
- NVC time: 3 months
- Interview at Chennai Cons: Oct 2000- DOE (SFO): Dec 2000
- Plastic received: Dec 2001
-------------------------------------------
Total time to plastic: 4 years and 4 months
-------------------------------------------

Consider yourself L.U.C.K.Y, man !

- q