Received notice

ForCitizenship

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My N-400 application was mailed out on Dec. 7, but I still don't have anything now (the application receved notice, the finger print notice etc.). Does anybody in a similar situation as me?

ForCitizenship

You should get something soon. Did you send it out with any tracking number or with a return receipt? If so, you should know if they received your application. Remember, the mails are a little slower at Christmas, and with vacations, processing is likely slower.

Don't sweat the waits of a few days or weeks in this process or you will go nuts.

I know the INS received (signed the certified mail) my application on Dec. 11. However, I am mainly worried about the FP notice since I noticed that sometimes the FP notice date is very close to the date of the notice received. Besides, I also noticed that some people who mailed the application a few days later than me has already got their received notice and FP notice.

In case there is a lawyer involved, will the applicant himself also receives everything, such receive notice and FP notice, etc?

This forum is very helpful.

My application was received by VSC on Dec 15th and the cheques were encashed on Dec 20th. So far, I have not received notice.(I-797)

happysoul said:
My application was received by VSC on Dec 15th and the cheques were encashed on Dec 20th. So far, I have not received notice.(I-797)
happysoul,

Give it at least another 2-3 weeks for the Receipt Notice. Give it at least 4-65 weeks for the FP Notice.

Not yet received Finger printing notice

ForCitizenship said:
I know the INS received (signed the certified mail) my application on Dec. 11. However, I am mainly worried about the FP notice since I noticed that sometimes the FP notice date is very close to the date of the notice received. Besides, I also noticed that some people who mailed the application a few days later than me has already got their received notice and FP notice.

In case there is a lawyer involved, will the applicant himself also receives everything, such receive notice and FP notice, etc?

This forum is very helpful.

ForCitizenship,
Usually (from what I have heard), you will 2 weeks time from the time the notice arrives. Re: communication, yes both you and your lawyer will receive the mails.

I applied for citizenship Dec 6th and still not heard back about the FG date.
I wouldnt be too bothered if not for some travel plans..

Friends, keep us posted of you status if you applied recently..

PD date

Hi,

I have a friend who mailed out his N400 application on May 10th, and his PD is June 2nd --- this means the USCIS didn't open his application until June 2nd. Does anybody know similar cases?

Besides, he is still waiting for IL now. I called USCIS for him last week (he is an elder) and was told to continue to wait with no further information given from USCIS.

My mother didn't receive any reciepts, received just FP appointment date and went for the FP. Now she waits for w interview notice date. I hope they will sent it or postman will put mail in right box or they will put the date online.

Question reg. Fingerprint Notice

Hello,

Applications for both myself and my wife were submitted together (12/11/06). Both of us received the initial notice of receipt the same day (12/26/06). However, my wife received her FP notice today (12/30/06) and I am yet to receive my notice.

Is it common for people applying together NOT to receive notices at the same time? Any reasons - example, mail delay?

Applied to the Nebraska Service Center.

Interestingly, the FP appointment date is 1/05/07 - however, it is stated in the letter that "If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any following Wednesday at the same time noted below, as long as you appear before 3/30/07."

Appreciate any help from the readers.

Thanks,

KG

We received Finger Print Notices both for me and my wife on Dec 30th
2006. The following are the details....

Received Date: Dec 15th 2006
Notice Date : Dec 26th 2006
Finger Print: Jan 09th 2007

We applied together for N400, sent both applications together in one
packet to VSC. If you have applied in 2 different packets, there are
chances that you will also receive your finger print notice shortly due to
mail delay....

uspass,

I posted the N400 documents on Dec 13th and the documents were
received on Dec 15th by VSC. They cashed the cheques on Dec 19th and
received FP notice on Dec 30th.

I am applying N400 from maryland.

forCitizenship,
Could you please elaborate on why the i797 needed? May be I am missing something. Here is what i understand about it from the internet.

"I-797: This is the CIS document with which an alien applies for an H-1B visa at a United States Consulate or Embassy. An I-797 permits an H-1B Temporary Worker to stay temporarily in the United States during the validity of the H-1B alien's authorized stay (while maintaining lawful H-1B status)."

Any citizenship applicant probably has a valid Green card ?

The receipt notice for citizenship application is I-787. It has case number on it. While I called INS for my friend regarding questions on his naturalization, the lady who answered the call asked me for his case number before she could answer any of my questions on behalf of the applicant.

So, you still don't have anything?

Thanks. Yes I dont have the 787.. Do you have it yet?
Need to get in touch with my lawyer to see if the application was mailed right..

forCitizenship, uspass,

I received only one document for me and another document for my wife
regarding the Finger Print Notice. The document says it is I-797 C, the
case number printed on it ant it also says "Finger Print Notication".

In the center of the form, it says about the Date and Time of the Finger
Print Appointment Please let me know, if you have any other questions
regarding the notice.

happysoul,

Thank you for your explanation. It is quite clear now.

uspass,

I still don't have anything, either. But I do know the USCIS got my application because it was mailed by a certified mail.

Thanks happysoul. Then we still have a chance for our notice to come soon.

ForCitizenship,
Keep me posted.. good luck..