received notice from USCIS about USC petioning spouse

burakol

Registered Users (C)
just this week i received a notice letter from USCIS that they alreayd forwarded my approved I130 petition to NVC for consular processing...

how long does it usually take NVC to give me a case number? and will i receive anything from them or will they just send something directly to my wife who is in another country? i kept on checking the NVC hotline to see if they have assigned me a case number using my USCIS receipt number but the automated machine says "no record"...

will this lead to another long wait or should be much quicker?

i was reading some threads and ive seen that once the paper is at NVC, it usually takes no more than 6 months to get their spouses here...

It takes a few weeks

just this week i received a notice letter from USCIS that they alreayd forwarded my approved I130 petition to NVC for consular processing...

how long does it usually take NVC to give me a case number? and will i receive anything from them or will they just send something directly to my wife who is in another country? i kept on checking the NVC hotline to see if they have assigned me a case number using my USCIS receipt number but the automated machine says "no record"...

will this lead to another long wait or should be much quicker?

i was reading some threads and ive seen that once the paper is at NVC, it usually takes no more than 6 months to get their spouses here...

NVC is very good at processing cases and you should get something in mail in next 4-6 weeks. NVC has a very good FAQ on their website.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3180.html