Received notice for transferred case

mmm33

Registered Users (C)
My file was transferred to Buffalo district office on July 18, 2003 and yesterday I received a notice from Buffalo dated August 25, 2003 which reads as follows: "The application for permanent residence you filed has been received by the office listed below for processing. Once All processing and background checks have been completed, you will be scheduled for an interview to discuss your application. The normal processing time for this type of application is 9 months. Please do not contact this office unless you have received a notice of interview by May 21, 2004."
There is no mention that my case was transferred by the Vermont Service Center after 20 months and after I responded to their RFE. Moreover, the Buffalo Notice assigns a new # to my case with the Receipt date August 25, 2003 not the real RD which is November 19, 2001. So there are really no rules, they make them and change them whenever they please.

Originally posted by mmm33
My file was transferred to Buffalo district office on July 18, 2003 and yesterday I received a notice from Buffalo dated August 25, 2003 which reads as follows: "The application for permanent residence you filed has been received by the office listed below for processing. Once All processing and background checks have been completed, you will be scheduled for an interview to discuss your application. The normal processing time for this type of application is 9 months. Please do not contact this office unless you have received a notice of interview by May 21, 2004."
There is no mention that my case was transferred by the Vermont Service Center after 20 months and after I responded to their RFE. Moreover, the Buffalo Notice assigns a new # to my case with the Receipt date August 25, 2003 not the real RD which is November 19, 2001. So there are really no rules, they make them and change them whenever they please.

What a disgrace! What a travesty! Copy this one also dengdeng. After 9 months to discuss what?

Sorry to hear that. On positive note you don't have to wait indefinately like us. How long it is taking in buffalo?

Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about your case. My case also got transferred 3 days ago to Oklahoma City. I am not sure how long it will take for them to notify me. It is really pathetic.

Did you get a notice from Vermont center that your case is transferred? Is your FP expired? Will the local office will schedule your FP again?

Definitely, we want to mention your story in the petition. This is frustrating. Can you describe your story in detail and I'll summarize it. Hope our petition will help to expedite your interview. Please write. please provide your last name in the story

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer notice

Yes, it is an EB-1 case. I described it in an earlier post. I also received notice from Vermont i presume about my second FP scheduled for September 16. My story, briefly as follows: I filed the I-485 application with the Vermont Service Center on Nov. 19, 2001, Notice Date: Dec 10/01, FP: 5/22/02, RFE: 6/16/03, Responded on 7/1/03; Vermont transferred my file on July 18 to Buffalo stating in their Notice that preliminary processing is completed and that all further inquiries should be made to Buffalo. So rather than approving my application they chose after 20 months to transfer it to the local district office thus protracting the process indefinitely. That's cynical.

Transferred case

No interview yet. The waiting game continues. I will post the date when that happens.

mmm33

mmm33,
do you have attorney from buffalo area ? if yes would u mind me telling who that is ? I am looking for good attorney in Buffalo to keep it handy in case i need one. are u planning to take ur attorney with you ?

Transferred case to Buffalo

I don't have an attorney. I've self-petitioned from the very beginning of the immigration process.

mmm33

local office

Hi

One of my friends too got a letter from Vermont that his case is transferred to Baltimore office(some time in May/June). But after a month or so the local office sent him a letter arranging an interview on Nov 4th. When he went on Nov 4th they found that the finger print expired and so he did finger printing again on the same day and he is waiting for the final call to get the stamp.
(but they told him it is just a matter of time to clear the FBI security check). As of Dec 4th 2003, he still didn't get any response.

Note : Please check your finger print notice expiry date and
try to inform BCIS about this and make sure your finger print don't expire.

Sekar