Received letter from TSC INS

indian2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

I had my POE on 12/8/2001 at Dallas. Received a letter from TSC INS saying that my green card cannot be processed since the immigration stamp was not enclosed by the immigration officer. I had to photocopy the stamp and my passport and send the same. Has anyone faced similar problem? Does the matter take a long time to be resolved at INS for me to get the card?

Thanks

No Title

what is immigration stamp? who will enclose it? Is it a separate form that the local INS sends to TSC?

I think it\'s I-551 stamp.

Hi,
I came to JFK and i had stamp on my passport. I didn\'t have any problems. Please, explain clearly so that we can help u.

Had the same problem

My wife and I arrived in Houston in July 2001. We are still waiting for our plastic cards. We received a similar letter from TSC requesting a copy of her I-551 stamp and her passport!!

In November

My wife\'s exact DoE was 7/23/01 and we received the letter on 11/5/01. This letter allowed us to know her case number at TSC. Checking the status there informs us that her application was received at TSC on 10/30/01 and it should take from 30-60 days to process.

TSC phone number

The number is 214-381-1423. It is almost impossible to get through the busy tones during business hours. However, if you know your case number (starts with SRC) you can call after hours and use the automated system.