Received letter from FBI

Happyheart

Registered Users (C)
It was in response to my letter to Mrs Bush 2 months ago. This is what says:
"we know how important your name check request is to you. however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. ...you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible."

So Mrs Bush did help. I don't know if that will cause FBI to expediate processing on my case (Senator's inquiry didn't). But anyway I have filed my WOM last week.

Did anyone have the similar experience?

I just wanted to know in what format you wrote the letter. I am stuck in name check and will like to know what you included in your letter.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure if it is going to help you...

Happyheart said:
"we know how important your name check request is to you. however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. ...you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible."

So Mrs Bush did help. I don't know if that will cause FBI to expediate processing on my case (Senator's inquiry didn't). But anyway I have filed my WOM last week.

To me, it sounded like "FBI is working on your case and there is nothing she can do to make it faster". She did not mention any thing about her contacting FBI on your case...This is just my understanding and I might be totally wrong ;-).

FBI Letter

Happyheart said:

what did you get is just a standar letter. I had the same one. Did you hire lawyer for your WOM?

it is just a standard response- not of much help. I Received that letter 6 months ago in response to the senators inquiry. waiting for the response from the white house

It is the letter from FBI. My original letter was sent to First Lady and she actually forwarded the letter to FBI.
Just search the forum and found some similar case got NC cleared right after this letter. Hope this is true for my case too.

Happyheart said:
It is the letter from FBI. My original letter was sent to First Lady and she actually forwarded the letter to FBI.
Just search the forum and found some similar case got NC cleared right after this letter. Hope this is true for my case too.
Hi Happyheart:

I wrote a letter to the first lady in September, and then got a letter from FBI responding to the inquire from Mrs. Bush. It is just a standard response and the same as yours. I don't think FBI will clear my name check any time soon. Actually in the letter, FBI told me, "While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given". I guess this sentence is in your letter too. I believe WOM will make FBI to complete the name check soon. I started a WOM last week, and am waiting for the response.

chellencba,
Thanks for sharing your info. We are in the same situation. Let us wish the good news coming.

chellencba said:
Hi Happyheart:

I wrote a letter to the first lady in September, and then got a letter from FBI responding to the inquire from Mrs. Bush. It is just a standard response and the same as yours. I don't think FBI will clear my name check any time soon. Actually in the letter, FBI told me, "While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given". I guess this sentence is in your letter too. I believe WOM will make FBI to complete the name check soon. I started a WOM last week, and am waiting for the response.

please guys add a signature in which u put ur case details. it will help everybody look at ur case detaisl.thanks.

great..please let us know how it goes

wish you good luck and hope to see your case moving...please keep us posted on how it goes.

chellencba said:
Hi Happyheart:

Happyheart said:
chellencba,
Thanks for sharing your info. We are in the same situation. Let us wish the good news coming.

Me too...got the same letter just few days ago....I do not have any more hope left of trying to expedite my namecheck...

I have surfed the forums ...it looks like upon contacting Mrs. Bush - either your namecheck clears and you get a letter from FBI confirming it...if you are lucky..

or if you are unlucky, we get this generic letter saying...stuck in namecheck hellhole...I haven't seen anybody getting appproved after receiving such letter! I was parying every single day last week, that I do not get that letter after I got the card of confirmation from Mrs. Bush...but alas, within 5 days, I got the letter from FBI...

Last edited by a moderator:
banta4gc said:
any updates, challencba and HappyHeart?

I haven't seen any LUD on my account yet...
Hi banta4gc,

I don't think FBI will clear my name check any time soon, no update for my case since 09/06. I filed a WOM and am waiting for the result.

Similar letter

I received a similar letter from FBI telling me my name check is in process as of Nov 29. There is a LUD for Dec 8. Not sure if it is related to Name check.

Happyheart said:

nc3years said:
I received a similar letter from FBI telling me my name check is in process as of Nov 29. There is a LUD for Dec 8. Not sure if it is related to Name check.

why u got this letter from fbi? did u do anything to try to expedite ur name?

I asked help from the first lady.

antonioa77 said:
why u got this letter from fbi? did u do anything to try to expedite ur name?

I wrote to Mrs. Bush and she forwarded my letter to FBI.