Received letter from Boston DO: Interview de-scheduled due to unforseen circumstances...What to do?

LaborApproved

Registered Users (C)
Interview de-scheduled due to unforseen circumstances...What to do?

Just got a de-schedule letter from the Boston DO saying that "due to unforeseen circumstances we are canceling your interview and will send you another notice with your new interview date."

Anyone in my situation? What should I do? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This has happened to many of us here, including me. Most of the time it was due to staffing issues, I think

Nothing to do - Just wait till you get the letter for the rescheduled interview date and time.

Thank you for letting me know. Looks like it took them a month to reschedule you? BTW, Who sends the reschedule notice the DO or NBC?

Thank you for letting me know. Looks like it took them a month to reschedule you? BTW, Who sends the reschedule notice the DO or NBC?

I have been de-scheduled three times. Got two deschdueling notice from local DO and then reschediling notice from NBC. Third scheduled inetrview did not get desceduled so I went there but was told the file had not arrived yet then within one weke got re-sceduling notice from
local DO. After that everything went perfectly smooth. (http://forums.immigration.com/showt...nterview-having-been-de-scheduled-three-times)

So hang in there. Most likely you will get rescheduling notice from NBC but also possibly from local DO. It would be better if it is from local DO.
A interview notice from local DO is more reliable because it is local DO that is ready for interview.

It's happened to me too. I got my deschedule letter on Sept 4th that my original interview (10/1/2009) was canceled and got the reschedule until four months later. Meanwhile, I called 800 number many times and did one infopass, got different explanation from different IOs. Eventually, infopass lady told me that my A-file was not in local DO for interview. I think your case might be different, like you said, you interview date is earlier than your 5th anniversary of GC, that's why your interview is postponed. Hope you get your reschedule letter soon. Good luck!

Thank you TSC123102,
It is interesting that they send you a de-schedule notice and not a re-schedule notice to being with.