Received LA interview notice!

giguerra

Ciba, my husband finally received his LA interview notice (Rene on Ciba\'s list)! It is scheduled for August 2nd,
   at 7:55 am.

For those who care...
   I\'m the primary applicant - Brazil, EB-3, PD 7/97, ND 4/19/00, 245i. My case was approved on 10/31/2000.
   His case was transferred to LA office on 11/7/2000.

According to congressman, LA office on June 26 was processing April 14, 2000 I-485.

I\'m so happy! Of course I\'ll keep you all informed as to how things go.

Best wishes to all,
   Gisele

No Title

Hi, I would like to see we are on the same boat.
Both my wife and my I-485 were sent to CSC as the following information:

ID: 10/27/00
ND: 11/7/00
ID:9/11/99(should be current)
Both EAD approved
FP completed on 2/24/01

AVM from CSC indicated that on 3/25/01 our cases have been transferred to INS local office in Los Angles. They will conduct an interview and take further more actions.

My questions are:
Are your husband sponsored by you as relative-based I-485? Therefore his case was directly filed to local office of INS in LA, not like to CSC as employment-based cases.

How long do we have to wait? Based on the time frame of your husband\'s interview notification, I estimate to receive for that note will be sometime in 11/01. And the interview date will probably in 12/01.

Any implication to check the status of interview waiting list?

Please advise, Thanks,

-Peter

No Title

Hi Peter,

We both filed at CSC, me as primary with EB3, and him as derivative. Mine was approved and his was transferred I believe because it\'s through marriage and because we used 245i.

The only way I was able to find out what LA is working on was by calling my congressman. They receive a list every couple of weeks with district office dates. I know that on June 26th they were working on April 14, 2000 cases. They go by ND, not by transfer date, which is good!

Best wishes to both of you. I\'ll keep you posted as to how his interview goes on August 2nd.
Gisele

No Title

I DON\'T EXACTLY KNOW THE REASON. MY ATTORNEY TOLD ME INS COULD BE QUESTION THE ADDRESSS ISSUE. I AM WORKING IN BAY AREA AND USE PERM ADDRESS IN SOUTHLAND.

-PETER

Consular Processing in Brazil

Gisele, do you know anyone who has done Consular Processing in Brazil?
I\'m thinking about doing it, but I\'m not sure.