Received interview letter from Charlotte

CSR_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I have received the interview letter from charlotte on 07/03/03 and it is scheduled on 07/22/03 but my wife has not received anything, is this usual? even if she doesn't get the letter can we both attend the interview on the same date ?
I would highly appreciate your feedback on the interview experience and precuations to be taken ,

Thanks in advance ,

RD: 10/02/01
ND 11/03/01
RFE 04/08/03 (employment letter ) and received on 04/22/03
TD : from NSC to Charlotte on 05/09/03
Interview letter received : 07/03/03
Interview Scheduled date: 07/22/03

Charlotte Transfer !

I am in the same boat as you are. On 06/04/03 my file was transferred from Texas to Charlotte. I am however glad that they have called you for an interview in less than 2 months. I am planning to go to charlotte to check the status of my file this week or next week.

If you need any accomodations for Charlotte, our company owns a hotel in Charlotte, 0.5 miles from the BCIS center.

Thanks for the reply- Attorney received interview letter for my wife also

Hi ,

Thanks for the info . Just talked to my attorney and he said he received my wife's appointment letter and also said he won't be able to come with me for the interview and asked me to go on my own.
Do you guys think it is better to take attorney with me ? if so can anyone suggest me a good local attorney name ,

Thanks a lot,

you guys are lucky

My file (WAC-01-286-*) was transferred to their office on Dec. , 2002
and I have not received an interview letter yet.

My lawyer did another inquiry again for my case and
yet to receive any reply.

Will going there to ask for status help?

Thanks!

Congratulations. You should have your passports stamped on that day.

It seems they are moving pretty fast, at least quicker than I expected.

Our cases were transferred from VSC to Charlotte on May 28th.

PD: 12/01/2001
RD: 12/07/2001
ND: 12/17/2001
FD: 02/28/2002 (in Boston)
TD: 05/28/2003
2nd FD: 07/10/2003 (in Raleigh) (Notice from Charlotte on June22)

BTW, do you guys know how long it takes for EAD? We filled EAD application for my wife on June 10th to Charlotte and recived the notice on July 8th.

Thanks.

both me and my wife approved and stamped after interview

Hi All,

I am happy to say that both of our cases ( me and wife) have been approved and stamped after the local office interview at Charlotte yesterday.

The Interview was at 7.45 am ( for me) and 8.15 am for my wife and we arrived at the office at 7.30 with a local lawyer , showed the interview letter and were allowed inside to a hall to wait for our names to be called. A few minutes later a nice lady officer called our names ( both of us together , and the lawyer followed us) and asked to sign seperate I-551 data collection forms with a finger print on that form . After she took us to her cabin where she first asked us to take the oath to tell only truth , asked us to show proof of identification ( driver's licence and Social Security Card , and Passport) , any one of us were ever married before , when did we last arrive to US.
Later she asked the standard I-485 form questions like u have any criminal record etc? and took our all EAD and APs and latest
I-94 but did not ask for any other documents like employment letter , bank statement , paystubs, lease etc we our lawyer asked us to give a copy of each one of them and the original employment letter , she didn't look at any of those but just attached them to the file.
My lawyer was so good and helpful and kind a knows the people over there and was asking about each one of them like a casual talk , and when he asked why her room is filled with so many boxes of files , she said they are not allowed to work overtime and trying their best to finish it within the stipulated time.
Finally she said she has approved our cases , stamping for 1 year and the actual cards will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
The entire process took less than 10 minutes and we were out of the office at 8 am .

Though I felt mine was a simple and straight case , working for the same employer and the same place ever since I came to US,
I was little tensed but now I feel the patience has paid off .
I think it is better to go with all the documention filed neatly , so that the officer gets a good impression and won't ask too many questions.

I thank all of you for all the help , support and information provided all these years and also to Rajiv khanna for maintaining this wonderful site .
I wish and pray that all of you will get the approvals at the earliest.

PD: Aug 2000,
RD: 10/02/2001,
ND: 11/03/2001,
FP: 04/30/2002,
RFE: 04/12/2003 ( Employment letter)
TD: 05/09/2003,
Interview letter received 07/03/2003
Interview date : 07/22/2003
Approved and stamped on 07/22/2003

Local Lawyer Info !

Can u please tell me who your local lawyer was, the contact # and how much did they charge you for the entire day.

thanks.

Congrats

CSR_GC,

Congrats to you and to your wife....... enjoy your freedom.

Thanks for posting detail info.

Rest of us, wish ourselves that our freedom comes soon.

GcMemphis:)

ss228, please read. thanks

ss228,

I am in the same boat as you.
My file was transfered to Charlotte last Dec.
And I am still waiting for interview notice.

Can you please let me know your status?
Did visiting Charlotte office help in any way?

Thanks.

ss228

My case was also transffered to charlotte in Dec. You are the third person , I have heard the transfer thing.

I plan to go when my EAD expires , which is two months from now to find the status. I feel going there would help , but if you have a valid concern , because they note each visit.

But certianly it would not harm if you are too anxious.
I would suggest have a vaild concern.
Please let me know our experience.