Received interview cancel letter today

tsc123102

Registered Users (C)
My interview which is 10/1 was canceled due to unforeseen circumstance, and will be rescheduled by sending rescheduled interview letter (letter said). Have no idea why?
Back to waiting list again...

My interview which is 10/1 was canceled due to unforeseen circumstance, and will be rescheduled by sending rescheduled interview letter (letter said). Have no idea why?

May be its due to the unavailability of the IO or other resources. It happened to many before. They will send another letter as soon as the slots/resources are available.
Some times the interviews are cancelled if the DO doesn't received your case file in time..

don't know why. but there is still about 1 month, how can they predict not receiving my case file in time...

see my sig

2009/06/15 - Interview Cancel Letter
2009/07/08 - Interview (Cancled)
2009/08/14 - Infopass appintment say the case was placed back into queue on 12AUG2009
2009/08/20 - Reschedule letter arrived
2009/10/07 - Rescheduled Interview

I am in the same boat because my file was sent to wrong office and apparently it takes forever to transfer it back.
I had interview originally scheduled for 07/17
Received letter cancelling the interview on 7/08
Still waiting for another interview to be scheduled :(
I know for sure that my file is still at Sacramento office instead of San Francisco, they do not have timelines for transfer and keep feeding me standard reply letters saying that "additional review is needed" :( I am under San Francisco jurisdiction, so Sacramento should not have any business with my file. It was routed by accident from NBC and probably ended up on someone's desk, who is trying to figure out what to do with it.

@tsc123102 - I'm so sorry to hear this :( Gosh, I can't believe they would do it to you, when you've been waiting so long for the original IL. I hope it's a really short wait for the reschedule...

@WBH - I saw your sig, you got your interview letter about two month after cancel letter. Did you call 800 and talk to second IO to ask about the reason before you made infopass? What did they tell you? I called today and spoke to second IO, he told me my file is still in NBC and he didn't know the reason for cancel the interview. He said maybe they found some new materials and need insert into the file.

@equus_girl - did you contact them? How do you know that your file was transferred to local office?

@TexToBe - Thanks for your encourage words. I did feel disappointed when I got this cancel letter, and could not be happy during the long weekend. Back to waiting...

tsc123102;2098170 @equus_girl - did you contact them? How do you know that your file was transferred to local office? [/QUOTE said:
I have waited a month after receiving interview cancelled notice and went to local office. They tracked the file down and told me NBC transferred it to Sacramento for some reason. They have requested the file to be transferred to San Francisco on 7/27. I am still waiting....

The funny thing is that file was transferred to Sacramento on 07/20, and my interview was scheduled for 7/17. So, when I asked why did they issue IL even though my file was not in local office they told me that IL are send out by NBC at which point someone in archive needs to route your file to local office for interview. Sometimes (seems like many times) they screw up. Like in my case, my file originated in Sacramento, but I moved to SF many years ago and completed GC process in San Francisco. Someone in archive simply looked at where the file started and routed it there. I have file N-400 in January :((

Hopefully, it will work out sooner for you! Make an Infopass and check with your local office what is going on. They could make file tranfer requests if necessary.

I have waited a month after receiving interview cancelled notice and went to local office. They tracked the file down and told me NBC transferred it to Sacramento for some reason. They have requested the file to be transferred to San Francisco on 7/27. I am still waiting....

The funny thing is that file was transferred to Sacramento on 07/20, and my interview was scheduled for 7/17. So, when I asked why did they issue IL even though my file was not in local office they told me that IL are send out by NBC at which point someone in archive needs to route your file to local office for interview. Sometimes (seems like many times) they screw up. Like in my case, my file originated in Sacramento, but I moved to SF many years ago and completed GC process in San Francisco. Someone in archive simply looked at where the file started and routed it there. I have file N-400 in January :((

Hopefully, it will work out sooner for you! Make an Infopass and check with your local office what is going on. They could make file tranfer requests if necessary.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, and could not understand why it takes so long to transfer your file back to SF.

Actually, I did ask the IO where my file is, and he told me it is still in NBC, not shipped yet to local office.

I will wait and make an infopass until one month after getting cancel letter.

Thanks for your info.

@WBH - I saw your sig, you got your interview letter about two month after cancel letter. Did you call 800 and talk to second IO to ask about the reason before you made infopass? What did they tell you? I called today and spoke to second IO, he told me my file is still in NBC and he didn't know the reason for cancel the interview. He said maybe they found some new materials and need insert into the file.

Did you get the cancel letetr from local DO or NBC?

I got cancel letter from NBC. I called USCIS last week, the second level IO told me my file was still at NBC and not transferred to local office yet.

This is different from my case that cancel letter was from local DO

Received interview descheduling paper mail from the DO on 09/10/2009. (Dated 09/04/2009) - Interview was for 09/18/2009

Tried the 800 number today (Not Second IO) and the generic response that you have to wait to received the rescheduled interview letter. Did not explain the reason why it was descheduled. (This was expected based on what I had read in the forums).

I guess I can wait one week and try the 800 number and ask for 2nd level IO to see if they have any additional info.

Should I proceed with INFOPASS before 45 days have passed from my first initial contact with the customer service?

The descheduling letter was from the DO not NBC.

08/14/09: Yellow Notice Received
09/10/09: Interview deschedule notice
09/18/09: Interview Date (Descheduled)

Just called the 800 number and spoke to a very nice second IO. After hearing my situation, he sent a request to Houton DO immediately then gave me a confirmation number. He also asked my email address and cell phone just in case they will contact me. Hope I will get the IL soon. Will keep you all posted.

I called the 800 number again yesterday, the second level IO told me that they had sent a request to Houston DO and my file is in local office not NBC learned from his computer. Does this mean my name check/background check completed? Please share your insights, so many people filed after me in Houston DO got interviewed or took oath already, mine is still pending...

equus_girl, still_waiting, any updates on your cases?

I called the 800 number again yesterday, the second level IO told me that they had sent a request to Houston DO and my file is in local office not NBC learned from his computer. Does this mean my name check/background check completed? Please share your insights, so many people filed after me in Houston DO got interviewed or took oath already, mine is still pending...

equus_girl, still_waiting, any updates on your cases?

I have my interview scheduled for 11/10/2009.

Did you do infopass or call 800 number or just wait until got your IL? Please share. Thanks.

I had actually posted on a different post, thinking that I had done it on this one. So here are the details:

At my INFOPASS appointment, I was told by the IO that my file did not arrive in time for the 09/18/2009 interview date and hence the descheduling notice was automatically sent out.

He found out that I was already assigned a new date (11/10/2009) and I recieved that letter in a weeks time.

06/30/09: N-400 Received at LEWISVILLE, TX
06/30/09: Priority Date
07/21/09: Fingerprints Done (Scheduled)
08/14/09: Yellow Notice Received
09/10/09: Interview deschedule notice
09/17/09: Informed of new ID (INFOPASS)
09/18/09: Interview Date (Descheduled)
11/10/09: Rescheduled Interview Date