Received I485 RFE for spouse

classy

Registered Users (C)
Rcv'd today. Asks me to provide evidence showing the marriage is 'bona fide'. Did anyone here get similar RFE before?

We don't have kid yet, rent apartment on month to month basis, no lease. Really annoying, please help!

same RFE

We got the same RFE. Show joint account statements, joint Health insurance documents, utility bills with your name and your spouse's name, joint tax returns etc. Just send a copy of whatever document which has both your names on it.

Good luck.

Same here. I sent the following

1) Marriage Certificate
2) Photos of marriage
3) Bank statements
4) Utility bills (She was not previously on the bill. I called them and added her to the account)
5) Tax return filed jointly.
6) Health insurance documents
7) Passport pages ( We added each other names as spouses in the passport)

Response was sent this Wednesday.

Thanks guys. My lawyer said this RFE is a little unusual for employment based application, so I was concerned. I'll gather whatever I have.

I got married after I filed for 485. So they probably want to make sure that marriage is bonafide !

Yes, I know 4 other people who did the same, and every one of them got same RFE. And they got approved in a week after CIS received response. I guess it is a common practice now to issue RFE for marriages that happened after 485 filing !

I have a question here. When we send the joint bank account info, should we send 'as-is', or blacken the private info, such as balance?

Sorry I did not send it myself, my lawyer did. But why would it matter ? YOu probably can balcken the amount!

I sent it as-is to lawyer. I guess if you blacken the amount, INS can suspect you opened a joint account with 100$ :)

I also got same RFE

Actually I got couple of RFEs and one of them is proof of marriage.

If diffrence between your marriage date and I485 filing date is less than 2 years USCIS normally issue this RFE.

Got RFE for my wife requesting copy of marriage certificate with visible Seal from the appropriate municipality/Panchayat. I submitted a better copy with an affidavit from her brother as well. Submitted 2 weeks back. No news yet.

Lakshya said:
Actually I got couple of RFEs and one of them is proof of marriage.

If diffrence between your marriage date and I485 filing date is less than 2 years USCIS normally issue this RFE.

Lakshya,

Did you get 'couple' RFEs for different family members, or get them at different time for one case? I am thinking what is the possibility they issue 2nd, 3rd.. RFEs. Nowadays I see most people get no more than 1 RFE.

My attorney sent the RFE material (bona fide marriage) to NSC, they acknowledged on the web "On March 14, we received...". LUD changed 3 times and stopped today. I don't know what this means.

Don't Worry

Same RFE for Wife INS received response on Jan13th. LUD changed 3 times and stopped. Finally approved on Feb9th.

Keep your hopes alive