Received I-485 Approval notice but ......

GC201

Registered Users (C)
I received approval notice. It asks me to do passport stamp by bring passport and two photos. The approval date is 4/11/2005, and the Last Updated on-line message is 4/12/2005. However, the on-line message has no changes and is still same as the following:

On June XX, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received

Do I have any problem when I do passport stamp ?

My details are:
I-140, I-485 currently file date ( receive date ): 4/8/2003
I-140 approval date 8/23/2004
I-485 approval date 4/11/2005
EB2

GC201,

As long as you have the approval notice with you, there should not be any problem. The approval notice would not have been generated if your case was not approved. On the other hand, "case status check" system is a different system which needs to be updated frequently (I think it's updated every few hours). As we all know how efficient TSC is, I am not surprised that they missed updating your case.

Thanks dinnu

dinnu,
Thank you for giving me very valuable information. I will go to local office to do passport stamp.

rmr_usa and crystalview,
My PD is in March 2002. I did 2nd FP in March 2005. There is no RFE.

Thanks all again !!!

GC201:

Thanks, after 2FP, is there any change in your on-line status message ? or it is the same since the 1st FP ? thanks,

GC201:

one more question, did you do anything to request for the 2nd FP ? My 1st FP is also xxx June, 2003, however, still no 2FP or approval yet. thanks,

congrats GC201,

that wouldn't be an issue at all. my online message didn't say approved either, but I received the actual approval notice and got the PP stamped without any problems. don't forget to take all your EADs and APs with you. they collect all of them. he even asked for unused H1-B I-94s. take everything with you. that'll save you time...good luck

yorkosa

did not request 2nd FP

crystalview,

I did not request 2nd FP. The on-line message after done 2nd FP is same as it after done 1st FP.

We are on the same boat! Received the approval mail yesterday but my online status didn't change.

Please keep us update on your PP result.

Yes, our cases were updated on Apr 20, but the description didn't change and there is no indication of approval. And several days later the mail came in with the approval notice.

Congratulations to GC201 and FlyingDog. Atleast someone is getting approved... and That gives some hope for remaining of us.

Have some GC cakes... and good luck for the post GC era.

To GC201,

I called the customer service 800 number and was told as long as I received the approval notice by mail, it should be fine for the PP stamping. The online status doesn't really matter.

Hope that was true.

I also have a question about 2 photos, are they suppose to take the digital photo on site? Do we still need to bring 2 passport photos to the INS office?

Is there Staus change after PP stamping?

Does the status change after you get the PP stamped? I had my PP stamping done on Monday and I was wondering if there will be a status change for "card is being processed" etc.

What does the status of your 485 say after PP stamping and how long does it take after the PP stamping for the new status?

FlyingDog said:
To GC201,

I called the customer service 800 number and was told as long as I received the approval notice by mail, it should be fine for the PP stamping. The online status doesn't really matter.

Hope that was true.

I also have a question about 2 photos, are they suppose to take the digital photo on site? Do we still need to bring 2 passport photos to the INS office?
My passport stamping is scheduled in a week, and my understanding is that if your FP code was 1, you need to take two photos (or three for the situation explained in the notice) with you. If your fp code was 3 (that is if you had your pic taken when you were fingerprinted for AOS) you don't have to wait for stamping but for the arrival of your card, do you. I think the paper notice pretty much explains everything you need to know, although you might get some additional info by going to USCIS web site.

My code is 1, and just had my passport pics taken. I did this at the Kinko's and their pics aren't bad :)