Received I-130 approval, but I-485 still pending !!

bjazi01

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I went for my second interview my wife and I on February 11th for the marriage based I-485. The officer said everything looks good but that my fingerprints expired at which time she had me take new ones. Yesterday, 30 days later, I received 3 email from the CRIS stating that my I-130 had been approved.

My I-485 status changed to "reviews of fingerprints have been completed and processing has resumed on your case".

What do you guys think cause personally since i have been waiting 4 years I no longer know what to think !!

Does it mean I am finally getting close to getting the green card ?

Thanks,

Hi, mine too, I received 3 emails on Mon saying that I-130 approved, approval notice sent;
this morning I received 1 email saying that card ordered. How about you?

bjazi01 said:
Hello all,

I went for my second interview my wife and I on February 11th for the marriage based I-485. The officer said everything looks good but that my fingerprints expired at which time she had me take new ones. Yesterday, 30 days later, I received 3 email from the CRIS stating that my I-130 had been approved.

My I-485 status changed to "reviews of fingerprints have been completed and processing has resumed on your case".

What do you guys think cause personally since i have been waiting 4 years I no longer know what to think !!

Does it mean I am finally getting close to getting the green card ?

Thanks,

Unfortunatly I still have not heard anything in regards to my I-485 yet, I hope i hear something soon :(

Do you mind me to ask, how could your case delayed so badly?

Did you talked to the congressman or anything like that during all these years?
I always thought a marriage base should be quite and no trouble.
I am nervous now.

Cindy - It depends on a lot of factors, why cases may be delayed. Like name check, background check, which office you applied, etc... And you should be able to get an idea on your interview day.

I would suggest NOT to get nervous, as that is not going to help!

You have sufficient documents and you should be fine at the interview. Stressing is not going to help :)

so relax and be well prepared for the interview.

Good Luck! :)

cindywang16 said:
Do you mind me to ask, how could your case delayed so badly?

Did you talked to the congressman or anything like that during all these years?
I always thought a marriage base should be quite and no trouble.
I am nervous now.

The biggest delay in approval is the name check process which is what I was stuck in !!

Factors such as what TXGIRL stated will effect approval times but only SLIGHTLY (may be a few months).

If you are unlucky enough to get stuck in the name check then all you can do is wait, I would not get nervous since most people pass the FBI name check with no issues.

Thanks,

UPDATE :

Well, I received a notice from the USCIS yesterday saying they intend to deny my application since I did not register for the NSEERS eventhough I am a Canadian citizen but I was bron in Lebanon !!!

The notice asked me to call the ICE office here in Indianapolis and try to register !!!

No I am more nervouse then ever, I have heard horror stories about this and I am at the point where I am ready to take my wife and new born and get the heck out of this country !!!!!!!

Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone gone through this ?

Thanks,

Do you what you have to do call ICE and see if you can register let them know you didnt know you had to do this you were never told by anyone that this needed to be done...I dont think ICE is going to lock you up and take you away from your family this was just a honest mistake that you had no clue you had to do...Have you gotten the notice yet in your hands that you need to do this?

Hey Pooh,

Yes I have the notice right here in front of me.

The notice states that they intend to deny my app since I am a citizen of both Lebanon and Canada and did not register for the NSEERS. They said I should call the ICE office and inquire about late registration.

And of course I have 30 days to repspond to the USCIS !!

So the notice by itself isn't worrisome, what worries me is the horror stories I have heard about people being put into deportation proceedings and/or detained since they did not register for the NSEERS !!

That's the scary part, the thought of being away from my family is making want to just give up on this whole process evenrthough I have called this country home since 1989 !!

Thanks,

Hello,
I'm going thru the same thing right now, and I was wondering if there is an update on your case. did you get the right of Late registration with ICE ? Please let me know. thank you.

Hello,
I'm going thru the same thing right now, and I was wondering if there is an update on your case. did you get the right of Late registration with ICE ? Please let me know. thank you.

Hello, my wife and I and my attorney went into the ICE office and thankfully had a very pleasant experience. When I first called the office to make the appointment and spoke with the officer on duty, he was very honest with me and stated that I may face detention and be place into deportation proceedings. He also stressed the importance of making sure I have $1000.00 to $10000.00 available in case I need to make bail !!

To sum it up, the officer accepted my excuse for not initially registering and went ahead and registered me and signed my passport with the FIN which I in turn sent a copy of to the USCIS.

I still have not heard anything back from the USCIS, it has been almost 45 days since I did my registration.

If you give me a little more background on your case, nationality and why you did not register, I may be able to provide more info.

Hope this helps,

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I'm from Morocco. A couple of days ago, I received a notice of action (re: form I-485) asking for proof that I had registered for the NSEERS. Honestly, I knew about the registration back in 2002, but, since I came here in the mid 90's (March 1995), I thought I shouldn't worry about it! what you think I should do? thank you.

UPDATE on my case:
My interview went really well. Lots of praying helped :) The ICE Officer who did the interview accepted my excuse of why I didn't register. I told them that I 'kinda' knew that I had to go register back in 2002, but didn't pay much attention to it because I kept myself away from listening to the News due to their discrimination against Arabs and Muslims! I didn't bring a lawyer, which helped, cause it showed them that I had nothing to worry about. Bring you wife if it's a marriage based case.

Good Luck