Received GC with incorrect or missing information

Kimmyatl

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!!!!

I've decided to start a thread for individuals who received there GC with missing or incorrect information.

Recently I've received my GC with missing information. My country of birth is missing. I called customer services yesterday and they told me what I should do; which is the same thing Prae told me.

Thank you Prae!!!!!

If anyone have any experience with the above metioned please feel free to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I Received Ny Gc With Incorrect Date Of Birth And Middle Name , At That Time I Wanted To Travel , And I Thought I Will Correct When I Get Back , I Did Travel With No Problem , TheN I FileD For Correction , With No Fee , Coz Their Mistake , Its Took 5 Weeks From The Date I Filed Till The Date I Received The Card Back .

Goodluck

Yeah, I Received Ny Gc With Incorrect Date Of Birth And Middle Name , At That Time I Wanted To Travel , And I Thought I Will Correct When I Get Back , I Did Travel With No Problem , TheN I FileD For Correction , With No Fee , Coz Their Mistake , Its Took 5 Weeks From The Date I Filed Till The Date I Received The Card Back .

Goodluck

Thank you Posos for posting your experience!!!

I had an infopass appt. today to speak with the IO ; because customer services told me it would take 180 days to correct the error on my card. So I made the appointment to get an I-551 stamp in my passport; due to travel plans in Feb. But the IO told me it will not take that long to correct the error. The IO took my birth certificate and update my information while I was there which is good news. But I still have to follow standard procedures, and that is exactly what I'm doing right now.

Update on I-90

Hello all!!!!

I've decided to start a thread for individuals who received there GC with missing or incorrect information.

Recently I've received my GC with missing information. My country of birth is missing. I called customer services yesterday and they told me what I should do; which is the same thing Prae told me.

Thank you Prae!!!!!

If anyone have any experience with the above metioned please feel free to post here.

Have a bright,blessed and prosperous New Year!!!!

Here is my update on I-90

12/04/07: Filed I-90
12/06/07: USCIS recd I-90
12/21/07: LUD approved under I-485
12/31/07: Recd letter from USCIS admitting to error
01/03/08 Card production ordered.

P.S. Does anyone know how to transfer a thread...I would like to transfer this thread to "THE PHYSICAL CARD"

. discovered the error on Dec 2007.

I have the same problem. My card has error on the resident since date. It should be 2004 and it says 2005. I just learned about the error and sent it by filling I -90 D.
  • received the GC May 2005
  • Discovered the error December 2007
  • Sent the card Dec 12, 2007
  • Received the receipt date December 18
I am planning to travel. I was issued a temporary GC but due to rumors that they might not let people with temporary GC and RP, I am not sure if I want to travel at all. Is there any chance that they might take my biometric and FP again? The IO I have spoke on the phone told me to postpone my trip in case they take my FP. It is hard to trust these guys because different IO tells you different story. According to USCIS, FP expire within 15 months. I appreciate for your response.

I have the same problem. My card has error on the resident since date. It should be 2004 and it says 2005. I just learned about the error and sent it by filling I -90 D.
I am planning to travel. I was issued a temporary GC but due to rumors that they might not let people with temporary GC and RP, I am not sure if I want to travel at all. Is there any chance that they might take my biometric and FP again? The IO I have spoke on the phone told me to postpone my trip in case they take my FP. It is hard to trust these guys because different IO tells you different story. According to USCIS, FP expire within 15 months. I appreciate for your response.

Jarbill I am so sorry I didnt respond sooner, I am so use to no one posting that I rarely check this thread.

I am not sure of your situation because, normally if the error was a USCIS error no FP or fee is required. But since it has been 2 yrs. I'm not sure if you are required to FP again or not...

Here is my timeline on I-90

01/03/08: LUD Card production ordered.
01/03/08: E-mail Card production ordered. (First time ever)
01/07/08: LUD Card production ordered.
01/10/08: LUD Card mailed
01/10/08: E-mail Card mailed

PraetorianXI I am curious

Prae, I am curious about Jarbills question he discovered his error 2007 but received his card 2005... Is he required to file with or without fee due to time passed.

I filed without paying the fee and they have waived the filing fee. I do not know what the next step is going to be.

Waiting

I filed without paying the fee and they have waived the filing fee. I do not know what the next step is going to be.

The next step is basically waiting.

Based on my experience it will take 5-6 weeks for USCIS to process your replacement card.

Unless otherwise. Did they send you a regular letter admitting to their error under I-485 or did they send you a NOA receipt under I-90?

They send me a receipt under I-90 and I am still waiting. I have put my travel plan on hold in case they need a biometric again.
I will post you the update.
Jarbill

They send me a receipt under I-90 and I am still waiting. I have put my travel plan on hold in case they need a biometric again.
I will post you the update.
Jarbill

Hey Jarbill,

That was a good call. I assume they will request biometrics from you anytime soon since time has passed...

Thanks for keeping me posted. I know this thread will help others.

Latest update on I-90

Thank you Jesus!!!!
It took approximately 5 weeks 4 days for corrected card. Below is my I-90 timeline:

01/03/08: LUD Card production ordered.
01/03/08: E-mail Card production ordered. (First time ever)
01/07/08: LUD Card production ordered.
01/10/08: LUD Card mailed
01/10/08: E-mail Card mailed
01/14/08: Received GC (corrected):D:D