Received FP notice but different code... Plz comment

alonglonwait4gc

Registered Users (C)
Happy New Year :)

We rec'd the FP notice on 12/22/2006 stated that we had a FP schedule for 01/02/2007. We went there yesterday the thing I wouldn't understatnd that they gave me code 1(10 fingers) and my spouse code 2(Index finger, picture and sign)...
I called my lawyer he stated that probably they have my spouse info. But isn't it that we need 10 code 1 for GC.
Question: My spouse just got the EAD renewed in Oct 06, probably thats why they ask for code 2. I an so confused plz share your experiance with me.
I just checked my spouse got an new LUD today 01/03/2007 but no msg change.
Plz comment...

I feel you are almost there!!!

I dont want to raise too much hopes here but I think you are almost there. It looks like your name checks are complete and your file has been assigned to an officer.

Congrats in advance.

Do you know when your file was sent for name check to the FBI and can you state when your first FP was done.

Good Luck!!!

alonglonwait4gc said:
Happy New Year :)

We rec'd the FP notice on 12/22/2006 stated that we had a FP schedule for 01/02/2007. We went there yesterday the thing I wouldn't understatnd that they gave me code 1(10 fingers) and my spouse code 2(Index finger, picture and sign)...
I called my lawyer he stated that probably they have my spouse info. But isn't it that we need 10 code 1 for GC.
Question: My spouse just got the EAD renewed in Oct 06, probably thats why they ask for code 2. I an so confused plz share your experiance with me.
I just checked my spouse got an new LUD today 01/03/2007 but no msg change.
Plz comment...

Did you do anything to get the FP notice or it came automatically?
My PD is current but FP has expired. Name check is cleared so I just have to get through this last hurdle....please share your experience.

hello guys

I am EB3 (India) and date is current in this month. Back in Nov 2006, i efiled the EAD and AP for both me and my spouse. AP approved in DEC 2006 and completed the FP CODE 2 for EAD yesterday.

Today got FP CODE 1 notice for 485 application scheduled on Jan 20.

Just checking how more days i would have to wait for the final approval

Thanks!!! BUT...

supply_demand said:
I dont want to raise too much hopes here but I think you are almost there. It looks like your name checks are complete and your file has been assigned to an officer.

Congrats in advance.

Do you know when your file was sent for name check to the FBI and can you state when your first FP was done.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks!!! BUT...
This is the first time we rec'd a FP notice for 485. We did code 2 FP for EAD 3 times already (every year to renew it). And also we didn't rec'd request for medical. I submited my medical in april 2004 and never submited any medical for spouse that time.
I am not sure about the security check or name check as I mention earlier that never rec'd any FP for 485.

Inquiry

HaraKad said:
Did you do anything to get the FP notice or it came automatically?
My PD is current but FP has expired. Name check is cleared so I just have to get through this last hurdle....please share your experience.

Hi,
I made an inqury to find out status of my file in Oct 06. Rec'd reply in second week of December stated that USCIS is waiting for visa availability. And on 12/21/06(origenally issued on 12/18/06) rec'd a FP notice for 01/02/06.
I think you should make an inqury or infopass what ever is convinent for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
alonglonwait4gc said:
Hi,
I made an inqury to find out status of my file in Oct 06. Rec'd reply in second week of December stated that USCIS is waiting for visa availability. And on 12/21/06(origenally issued on 12/18/06) rec'd an FP notice for 01/02/06.
I think you should make an inqury or infopass what ever is convinent for you.

Thanks! I did have an infopass appointment yesterday and they asked me to call the USCIS for FP. I called and the representative said that FP has not expired!! (we did it last in July 2005).

My lawyer has sent an enquiry last month...

I have done all that is possible from my end so just waiting!

Fp

HaraKad said:
Thanks! I did have an infopass appointment yesterday and they asked me to call the USCIS for FP. I called and the representative said that FP has not expired!! (we did it last in July 2005).

My lawyer has sent an enquiry last month...

I have done all that is possible from my end so just waiting!

Yes, rep was right because FP is allways good for 18 months and if u do the math January 2007 is last month for you to complet the 18 month period.
I hope you will get the aproval this month so you don't have to over again to all that hassel. :)

FP Notice Issue

Dear All:

I would appreciate if any one can provide some input regarding my FP.

My I 485 was filed in VSC in August 2005. I was fingered printed soon after filing. My PD is current, but my case stuck in name check. However, my spouse's ( please note I am the primary applicant) name check cleared in Dec 2006.

So, now, my spouse has received a FP notice, however, I have not. Is this an error on USCIS's part or is it that as my FP has not cleared I will not receive an approval.

Also, how long do the FPs last for? Also, both I and my wife got finger printed, when we applied for our EAD renewal. So, I am not too sure, if that is something different.

Any input would be grealty appreciated.

Thank You
Regards

alonglonwait4gc said:
Yes, rep was right because FP is allways good for 18 months and if u do the math January 2007 is last month for you to complet the 18 month period.
I hope you will get the aproval this month so you don't have to over again to all that hassel. :)

Lud

Just checked USCIS website and found a LUD on my case on 01/06/07, Saturday. They work on Saturday's...
What do you think is that because of FP result or something else?

Security check done

Today I spoke to the customer service rep in USCIS on the phone. She confirmed that our (primary and dependent) security check is done. She stated that now our files are waiting because of USCIS work load and I should give them 30 to 60 days...
But my question is I know for sure that they need medicals and job verification papers from us to complete our app. Please suggest me that should I call them and tell them to open an inquiry so they can open our files or make info pass and talk to officer in person.
To be very frank I am only afraid what if in next bulletin the dates went back again... :(

alonglonwait4gc said:
Today I spoke to the customer service rep in USCIS on the phone. She confirmed that our (primary and dependent) security check is done. She stated that now our files are waiting because of USCIS work load and I should give them 30 to 60 days...
But my question is I know for sure that they need medicals and job verification papers from us to complete our app. Please suggest me that should I call them and tell them to open an inquiry so they can open our files or make info pass and talk to officer in person.
To be very frank I am only afraid what if in next bulletin the dates went back again... :(

From my experience INFOPASS only gives information and does not initiate anything. As for dates going back...well, we just have to keep our fingers crossed since that is beyond our control.

I feel you are very close to getting approved so hang in there.

Goodluck!

I hope so

HaraKad said:
From my experience INFOPASS only gives information and does not initiate anything. As for dates going back...well, we just have to keep our fingers crossed since that is beyond our control.

I feel you are very close to getting approved so hang in there.

Goodluck!

Thanks, for replying back. I hope that we will hear something good soon. It's a very long wait and I am frustated now.

alonglonwait4gc said:

USCIS workload : Bastards they are. Look to yr very old PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inquiry

Hello all,

I made an another inquiry yesterday with USCIS rep. He stated(which I doubt)
That I will rec'd response with in 45 days otherwise I have to call them back.
I find out one more thing yesterday (as per the rep) if we made 3 inquiries in past and have those # with us. When we called them and tell them that we made 3 inquiries and have those # they will t/f us to the higher authority who has some more info then these rep's.

Inquiry

Hello all,

I made an another inquiry yesterday with USCIS rep. He stated(which I doubt)
That I will rec'd response with in 45 days otherwise I have to call them back.
I find out one more thing yesterday (as per the rep) if we made 3 inquiries in past and have those # with us. When we called them and tell them that we made 3 inquiries and have those # they will t/f us to the higher authority who has some more info then these rep's.

Guys

I am EB3 India and PD is APR 2001. Today morning we completed our FP CODE 1 for 485.

Just curious to find out if I will get my case approved this month or not. Any people in the same boat as i am....

I have read about NC also...but i will try my luck calling VSC on monday to do a case status enquiry.....

Thanks